DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot & French Atlantic coast

bjhirsch

Reactions
Guess what I got for Christmas. Just my second time flying, so the focus was mainly on not to crash the new gadget, the nice aerial composition will come soon I hope.

Very happy with my MM & my first drone overall. As I am a photographer I always wanted a drone, but did not like to travel with 2 bags (one photo 12kg, one drone). So mavic mini made me buy ... It takes the place of a 50mm lens in my photo bags. But sooooo many things to learn now.

Big thanks for the great advice here in the forum, tons of great points I would not have thought about !

Bjoern & greeting from Paris

Last edited:
welcome to the forum

Reactions: Thomas B
Welcome to the forum! :)

Guess what I got for Christmas. Just my second time flying, so the focus was mainly on not to crash the new gadget, the nice aerial composition will come soon I hope.

Very happy with my MM & my first drone overall. As I am a photographer I always wanted a drone, but did not like to travel with 2 bags (one photo 12kg, one drone). So mavic mini made me buy ... It takes the place of a 50mm lens in my photo bags. But sooooo many things to learn now.

Big thanks for the great advice here in the forum, tons of great points I would not have thought about !

Bjoern & greeting from Paris

Is this La Baule by any chance?

Reactions: old man mavic
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.
Here’s a link to the full 60 page online only DJI manual for your drone... and other useful stuff too.
Enjoyed your video... love sunrises and sunsets.

Is this La Baule by any chance?

Hello Jumpingbean, yes we spend the new years weekend in La Baule, the harbor shots are from Le Croisic. A really impressive coast, I just had only one day of nice weather. Would have love to have some shots from the salt fields around la Guérande. Next time .... :)

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.
Here’s a link to the full 60 page online only DJI manual for your drone... and other useful stuff too.
Enjoyed your video... love sunrises and sunsets.

Thank you , already spend hours on youtube & in the forums, but not looked to that one ... guess the tree in the forest syndrom. Will catch up this weekend so that I am ready when the nice spring light comes :)

Hello Jumpingbean, yes we spend the new years weekend in La Baule, the harbor shots are from Le Croisic. A really impressive coast, I just had only one day of nice weather. Would have love to have some shots from the salt fields around la Guérande. Next time .... :)

Thanks for the reply - it looked familiar :) I’ve been in the region for Christmas and almost got my MM blown away in Guerande’s old town. The moment I’ve got over the buildings, the drone started to drift 8 m/s! Got him down just in time, but a lesson has been learnt.
Coming back in March to get some pics of the salt flats and the submarine pens of St. Nazaire.

Thanks for the reply - it looked familiar :) I’ve been in the region for Christmas and almost got my MM blown away in Guerande’s old town. The moment I’ve got over the buildings, the drone started to drift 8 m/s! Got him down just in time, but a lesson has been learnt.
Coming back in March to get some pics of the salt flats and the submarine pens of St. Nazaire.

I think I was very naive & lucky at the same time for my first flight out over the water & at the beach, I only read about all the MM wind problems & how to check the wind prior to the flight in UAV forcats after I came back !!! I would be a lot more careful now , that's for sure !

Actually .. dont know if I would do the same fligh paths now again... so just a lot of beginners luck I guess !

The Salt flats were on my list .. but we had only days with fog after the one sunny day so no good. Would love to see you salt flats & the submarine pens later in the year , can you share ? I have friends living in La Baule so I am sure they would love to see that as well !

Good flying :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute