DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot from Belgium

Spectro

Reactions
Hi all,

My name is Fred and I am based in Belgium. I just ordered my first drone (DJI Mavic Mini 2) but still have to receive it. I have never flown a drone before so it's all new to me.

I'm aware that a lot will change in Belgium as of 1.1.2021. For now, as a recreational pilot I can only fly at a maximum altitude of 10 meters and only above my private property. However, as of 1.1.2021, recreational pilots using a drone that weighs less than 250 grams (which is the case for the Mini 2) will be allowed to fly up to a maximum altitude of 120 meters everywhere, except for no-fly zones of course.

As this drone is equiped with a camera, I will have to register as a pilot as of 1.1.2021. This is a registration of the identity of the pilot, not be to be mistaken with registration of the drone itself (which is NOT necessary for this kind of drone).

Problem : I can't seem to find any information or documents about this registration as a pilot as of 1.1.2021. Only documents for a registration of a drone are to be found online.

Any of the Belgian drone pilots in here know how we will have to register as a pilot and what the cost will be ?

Thanks !

Fred

welcome to the forum,if you go on your countries government web site ,like the CAA in the UK or FAA in the US then there should be infomation on how you register and what requirements you will need for the new rules

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

welcome to the forum,if you go on your countries government web site ,like the CAA in the UK or FAA in the US then there should be infomation on how you register and what requirements you will need for the new rules
unfortunately, there's no info to be found there about that specific registration, only about the one to register your drone (if applicable) ... I already send them an e-mail too but they simply don't answer ... so maybe they just aren't ready yet since the obligation only is applicable as of 1.1.2021

Hi Spectro Welcome to Mavic Pilots.
New flyer advice,
Wide open space.
Slow & easy
Power-lines & trees are evil.
Don't forget to read the manual ;)
Download Mini 2 manual HERE
Word just got spread that my order has been shipped.

As for safety : I already have the perfect spot ... no trees or power lined, wide open field ... and I will be starting out in Cinematic mode. Should be slow enough ?

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Spectro.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots!

Thanks everyone. Drone got delivered yesterday afternoon. Will be a while until I can start fully flying because the weather conditions aren't optimal today and tomorrow ... and until the end of this year I can only fly up to 10 meters altitude and only above my own private property (or someone else's if I have their permission). Belgian drone laws are very strict but as of 1.1.2021 a new European drone legislations will enable recreational pilots to fly everywhere (except for no fly zones of course) and up to 120 meters. Looking forward to it !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR