DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot from Canada

coindex765

Reactions
Just bought my first Mavic Pro last month. Updated it through my Samsung s8, no issues -- awesome. Tried out the flight simulator with my Samsung S8 and it would fly fine then when I would press the return to home button app would crash.......hmmmm (read about this and also have done extensive and I mean extensive reviews before buying this drone so knew this may happen). Was hoping this bug would of been fixed. Maybe it will be just with the flight simulator and not when I do my maiden flight. Have not tried my Ipad mini with simulator yet but looking into it. Due to the fact the box DOES state for ipad maybe I will stick with just using my ipad for flying. I have set my drone up so if this DOES happen in any of my flights the drone with just hover in place till reconnection occurs.
Just wondering if anyone else has came across this issue (Canada sold drones) through the simulator and/or main flights

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum! :)

Have not tried my Ipad mini with simulator yet but looking into it. Due to the fact the box DOES state for ipad maybe I will stick with just using my ipad for flying.
That just means an iOS version of the DJI GO app exists. It doesn't mean iOS is the only supported operating system. You can find a complete list of supported devices here.

thanks msinger. I have read numerous complaints of this drone app crashing with android devices and since I own an ipad I think it may just be the safer bet to use my ipad strickly for flying instead of my supported phone platform. I have seen the list of all devices thanks again.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .

0rojyyg-png.57657

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Canadian.
Have been flying for a year with android devices,first a S7 and now a S9plus with absolutely no issues.
So go ahead and have fun flying.:)

Reactions: Krieger’s Drone
I have read numerous complaints of this drone app crashing with android devices
It's certainly an issue when people use Android devices with poor specs or devices that aren't known to work well with DJI GO.

Hello fellow Canadian
I have now over 700 flights in the air without one app drop but most of them are iOS . I only have a few with a S7 .
I like my mini4 because of the larger screen . I would think that 80% of the dji drones have zero problems . People that have grief go on line looking for help . Go out in a open space and enjoy your toy . Hope it’s not as cold where you are as what I have .
faad1cf898764411a46d99351b5888a9.jpg

nope not that cold but has been fairly cold to go out and fly. Waiting for that nice PLUS weather so my hands don't freeze lol. Looking forward to a fun maiden flight. This is my first professional drone (if you want to call the mavic pro a pro drone) and really looking forward in getting some nice vids and aerial shots. I have flown and built my own airplanes before (member through MAAC) and have also been practicing with my sons skyviper journey drone (which is a nice little drone for the price range). Being my drone has all these sensors and features I just cant' wait to try them out. Have been watching vids on you tube regarding this drone and all have been very informative and interesting (especially the FPV flights -- that will be something once I invest in the goggles...though those are fairly expensive ))

So did you buy a Mavic2 pro or the old version one mavic pro

I picked up the Mavic Pro not the 2 and not the fly more pack either. Didn't want to spend that much money on the 2. 1000 was my limit wifie let me go :)
Might pick an extra battery up online in the future, depending on how much flying time I do.
Made my own launch pad

Just bought my first Mavic Pro last month. Updated it through my Samsung s8, no issues -- awesome. Tried out the flight simulator with my Samsung S8 and it would fly fine then when I would press the return to home button app would crash.......hmmmm (read about this and also have done extensive and I mean extensive reviews before buying this drone so knew this may happen). Was hoping this bug would of been fixed. Maybe it will be just with the flight simulator and not when I do my maiden flight. Have not tried my Ipad mini with simulator yet but looking into it. Due to the fact the box DOES state for ipad maybe I will stick with just using my ipad for flying. I have set my drone up so if this DOES happen in any of my flights the drone with just hover in place till reconnection occurs.
Just wondering if anyone else has came across this issue (Canada sold drones) through the simulator and/or main flights
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy the Mavic Pro, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to the forum!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato