DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot from Chicago burbs

Bought my son a cheap drone for Christmas just to see if it's something he would like. Is only been a week and I can tell already he is hooked and to my surprise I am as well.

Looking forward to upgrading to something that can be flown outdoors and with some more quality.
Greetings from Detroit.

Bought my son a cheap drone for Christmas just to see if it's something he would like. Is only been a week and I can tell already he is hooked and to my surprise I am as well.

Looking forward to upgrading to something that can be flown outdoors and with some more quality.

Greetings from Detroit. Doesn’t take much to get hooked!😄

How do the actual flight times compare to the quoted times in typical outdoor conditions? I'm assuming the times DJI lists are the ideal times with a brand new battery flying indoors with no wind, etc.
The flight times will vary, depending on wind conditions, speed at which you fly and how much of the time is recording. All of that takes battery juice. But the Air2s batteries are rated at 36 minuntes, if I recall, but if you only get 25 minutes per battery that is plenty of flight time. Also the Air2s batteries are under $100 each, which is about the same price as a Mini 3 "plus" battery. [But see fly more deal below]

Also, right now, 3rd party programs such as Litchi support the Air2s. Those owning the Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 3 will have to wait. It took DJI 18 months to release the SDK for the Mini 2. Additionally, the DJI RC controller supports the Air2s, which is a cool for fast deployment, though I don't know if you can buy one as part of the Air2s kit.

One other thing... You can now buy a refurbished Air2s FLY MORE COMBO from DJI for $1100! I can tell you from experience that there is virtually zero difference between a refurbished unit and a "new" one, except the cost. My Mavic 2 Pro was a refurb and even down to the packaging I couldn't tell that any part of it had ever been up in the air before. It is possible that they are selling over-stock models as refurbs just to move them. This is probably the best drone deal you'll find. And this package comes with a Smart Controller, not a dumbed down RCN1!
1672675594145.png

Reactions: ChitownM2

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1