DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot from Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Canadajagz

Reactions
Hey new to drones. Started with 2 small dromida drones. Now got the Mavic Pro Platinum. Been good to me so far. Done lots of reading. I could use tips on what tablet to use. We have a Samsung Note Pro 12.2 but it did not seem to keep up with the video. I have looked at everything. I want to stay with android. Also looked at the crystal sky.

My only complaint is that DJI does not have more of the newer tablets approved or verified as good to use. I get they want people to buy the crystal sky because it is theirs but in coming years it will just get more popular so it makes more sense to have other tablets certified.

Also minimum specs for hardware would be good.

Which way is the best way to go?

Any help appreciated.

Jagz

Reactions: dirkclod
Hey new to drones. Started with 2 small dromida drones. Now got the Mavic Pro Platinum. Been good to me so far. Done lots of reading. I could use tips on what tablet to use. We have a Samsung Note Pro 12.2 but it did not seem to keep up with the video. I have looked at everything. I want to stay with android. Also looked at the crystal sky.

My only complaint is that DJI does not have more of the newer tablets approved or verified as good to use. I get they want people to buy the crystal sky because it is theirs but in coming years it will just get more popular so it makes more sense to have other tablets certified.

Also minimum specs for hardware would be good.

Which way is the best way to go?

Any help appreciated.

Jagz
Howdy from Wyoming @Canadajagz , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Reactions: CYQL Flyr
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching

Welcome, I'm new to the Mavic as well. I had an android tablet and the video lag and stuttering was horrible. I did a lot of reading and apparently the video encoding and everything else going on in the DJI GO app is hard for alot of tablets to handle. Also on the back of the mavic box it says "made for iphone and iPad". This leads me to belive that Apple products work better so I went ahead and ordered an ipad since alot of people have good results with them

Welcome from Toronto, ON, very glad to see another Canadian pilot!
I'm too very new to RC flying objects, Mavic Pro is my first drone which I purchased about 3 weeks ago. I don't fly much, just very short practice spins on the my yard, just to check out things I read about or watch on internet. A week ago I bought Tello which I use inside and outside as a practice unit :) Big advantage of Tello is the weight, 80g allow me to fly it anywhere I want (not that I do, so far my fly experience is reduced to my yard).
As far as display goes I decided to purchase CS Ultra and I'm very happy with the choice. It works exceptionally outside and even in direct sun-light the display is just fantastic.

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Albertan.
Been using a Samsung S7 since I got my MP in January.
No issue at all so android is good too.

Happy flying.:)

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA. I love the CrystalSky, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98