DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot in AZ

BlueOval24

Reactions
Hi everyone,

New DJI Mavic MINI pilot here in Tucson. This is my first "REAL" drone, but have been flying sub $200 models off of amazon that have worked OK. I am excited about using the flying assist features that DJI offers since it has been a manual process for me prior to this. Only downside I have experienced so far is-I live very 4.9ish miles from the airport so I am in an "authorization zone". To the north of me is the Air Force base , which is also an authorization zone that expands pretty far off the base property. So the only flight time I have had is in my home, in 90 second intervals (since covering the GPS with foil only works for so long for me, and we cannot self authorize at this time). BUT, I can say that it IS a joy to fly so far and am excited about the whole DJI experience!

-Matt

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome from up in the Phoenix area - bummer on the NFZ's for you though. Some good apps out there to locate flyable areas without restrictions you are experiencing today - too bad the weather hasn't been ideal for getting out.

Tons of great info here and plenty of reading - filter out the good and bad and I'm sure your experience with the Mini will be better than the previous drones you have flown/own.

Welcome to the group from Yuma, AZ.

The desert should be blooming with flowers after all the rain we just got.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome from up in the Phoenix area - bummer on the NFZ's for you though. Some good apps out there to locate flyable areas without restrictions you are experiencing today - too bad the weather hasn't been ideal for getting out.

Tons of great info here and plenty of reading - filter out the good and bad and I'm sure your experience with the Mini will be better than the previous drones you have flown/own.
im in the scott area also and plan to do some flying sunday if your interested

Thanks all for the welcome. Didn't realize there were so many Arizonians on here! I look forward to taking some great shots of our famous Arizona sunsets.

Reactions: Steel63
Hi Bill,
A little late on this but I'm probably going to get out today and over the next week several times. I'm not leaving for the holidays and have all week off. I'll shoot you a message with my phone # and we can connect.

Jason

Hi Bill,
A little late on this but I'm probably going to get out today and over the next week several times. I'm not leaving for the holidays and have all week off. I'll shoot you a message with my phone # and we can connect.

Jason
You guys send me a heads up when your going out plz. Finishing edits on 8 hours of video in the Superstitions.... next big target is the Mogollon Rim.

Hi everyone,

New DJI Mavic MINI pilot here in Tucson. This is my first "REAL" drone, but have been flying sub $200 models off of amazon that have worked OK. I am excited about using the flying assist features that DJI offers since it has been a manual process for me prior to this. Only downside I have experienced so far is-I live very 4.9ish miles from the airport so I am in an "authorization zone". To the north of me is the Air Force base , which is also an authorization zone that expands pretty far off the base property. So the only flight time I have had is in my home, in 90 second intervals (since covering the GPS with foil only works for so long for me, and we cannot self authorize at this time). BUT, I can say that it IS a joy to fly so far and am excited about the whole DJI experience!

-Matt
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome! New pilot up here in Phoenix as well.
You guys send me a heads up when your going out plz. Finishing edits on 8 hours of video in the Superstitions.... next big target is the Mogollon Rim.
I can't wait to get up on the RIM with my AIR and shoot some awesome video as well!

Hi everyone,

-Matt
Hi Matt..
I also am a new Mavic Air pilot here in Tucson. Only a few hours under my belt. I live in northern Tucson and have found several good areas for flying.
Naranja Park up here has an air park where I first flew my Air last week. There were several other men there who were flying planes and quads. I got help from them and enjoyed an uneventful first flight. I have another wonderful area with nobody around and the entire desert to experiment with. I purchased my Air about a month ago; however, the software DJI Go4 was not working for the apple products. They did get it fixed by last week. If it were not raining heavy today, I would be out there with my new toy.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots !

Hi Matt..
I also am a new Mavic Air pilot here in Tucson. Only a few hours under my belt. I live in northern Tucson and have found several good areas for flying.
Naranja Park up here has an air park where I first flew my Air last week. There were several other men there who were flying planes and quads. I got help from them and enjoyed an uneventful first flight. I have another wonderful area with nobody around and the entire desert to experiment with. I purchased my Air about a month ago; however, the software DJI Go4 was not working for the apple products. They did get it fixed by last week. If it were not raining heavy today, I would be out there with my new toy.
Hi Tucson fliers.....I purchased my first of 2 DJI drones...a mini and air..both a year ago....My first flight was also in Naranja Park. I live in North East Tucson ......Saddlebrooke to be exact......I have flown in Rail X which is a 5 mile road from Oracle Road that branches north and south with many many trails that lead to great flying spots. I also have an area that overlooks the Preserve here in Saddlebrooke which would be a great area for beginners to fly and learn without any obstructions and great GPS .....Good luck and if I can help you in any way please let me know.

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and view of the world.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky