DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot In San Jose

EbonyHawk

Reactions
New to forums just wanted to say Hello. I am a Part 107 (newly) certified UAS pilot. I own 3 drones. 2 of which I will be using for commercial purposes.Just wanted to touch bases with any others in the area who are doing the same and could possibly share some experiences on how they started. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum . .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Welcome to the forum EbonyHawk . . .

Since you are a veteran pilot I won't hit you with the newbie stuff. Lots of info and recommendations here. msinger drop a load on em' when you get a minute.

EbonyHawk (it) being Saturday the guys are all probably out . . . you know . . . flying. I'm about to get this gorgeous sunset down here in So Cal. Give em' a minute they'll be in to greet you . . .

Edit/Add: Definitely read the comments here about starting a business in this industry . . . lots of valuable info so you are not wasting your time.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum! :)

I will be using for commercial purposes.Just wanted to touch bases with any others in the area who are doing the same and could possibly share some experiences on how they started
In addition to this forum, you'll can find commercial related topic here:

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
New to forums just wanted to say Hello. I am a Part 107 (newly) certified UAS pilot. I own 3 drones. 2 of which I will be using for commercial purposes.Just wanted to touch bases with any others in the area who are doing the same and could possibly share some experiences on how they started. Thanks.
Hi EbonyHawk, Congratulation! If you don't mind can I ask which school you chose to study for the test? and how long did it take you to prepare?

Hi EbonyHawk, Congratulation! If you don't mind can I ask which school you chose to study for the test? and how long did it take you to prepare?
Hi Tee, good to meet you. Maybe a couple of months. I work full time and a family man. Between a few different You Tube free study guides(mostly on airspace), my main study tools were the "ASA Remote Pilot Test Prep" book along with the accompanying Airman Knowledge Testing Supplement book, as well as, the "FAA Part 107 Drone Exam" audio book, listened to it coming and going to work.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Congrats on your certification Fly safe and have fun!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02