DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot, new forum member - Southern California.

Melor

Reactions
Southern California - Rancho Santa Margarita USA
I just purchased my first drone, a Mavic Pro Platinum. I bought the Costco bundle yesterday and am expecting shipment in a day or two.. been wanting one since the first time I saw a phantom, who’s has been for years now. Looking forward to reading posts here and learning how to fly the drone. Am in Orange County, CA. Thanks!

Reactions: dirkclod and radman
Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome! If you're looking for a place to fly, check out the OC Great Park. Lots of wide open spaces and very few people. Thumbswayup

Reactions: Melor
I just purchased my first drone, a Mavic Pro Platinum. I bought the Costco bundle yesterday and am expecting shipment in a day or two.. been wanting one since the first time I saw a phantom, who’s has been for years now. Looking forward to reading posts here and learning how to fly the drone. Am in Orange County, CA. Thanks!
Howdy from Wyoming @Melor , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. Feel free to join in the discussions and ask anything about Mavics that comes to mind. We are here to help and learn.

Best regards,

Rob

Welcome to our forum .Hope you find all the resources you seek and look forward
to any photos or videos you might post .
Any issues just ask.
Enjoy
upload_2018-8-30_9-43-50-gif.44724

Thanks all. Hoping for delivery by Friday so I can play with it this weekend. Anxious to see how well the camera performs. I know a lot of people post videos on YouTube, but is there a common place people are posting photos?

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup
**You can look for other local flyers here - Regional Meet-Ups & Local Flyers

The tracking number on my drone delivery just posted to the UPS website. Should arrive tomorrow. I also bought 2 extra batteries and a "landing pad" target. I bought OEM batteries and want to pick up some extra props but the OEM versions I saw on the internet were reported to have a different color tip than the ones that were on the posters mavic. Not sure if the different color tips could be interchanged, I passed on this purchase until I figure out if you can mix color tips even if they have the same part number as on the Mavic Pro Platinum. This is only one thing I have to figure out and I know there are many other things, things I haven't even realized I didn't know...

Thanks all for the camaraderie and esprit de corps shown on this website. I will need some shoulders to lean on while I climb the learning curve.

Paul

Welcome! If you're looking for a place to fly, check out the OC Great Park. Lots of wide open spaces and very few people. Thumbswayup
Thanks, I will be looking for places to practice flying. I figure no photography until I master ( or at least figure out the basics of not crashing ) the piloting.

want to pick up some extra props but the OEM versions I saw on the internet were reported to have a different color tip than the ones that were on the posters mavic. Not sure if the different color tips could be interchanged

Yes they can. My MPP currently has 3 silver and one gold. :D

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new MPP, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1