DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot visiting Savannah GA - Locations?

Rootsman77

Reactions
Hi there,
I’m new to drones and looking to learn as much as I can. I am visiting Savannah for the rest of the week and looking for great legal spots to fly over and take pictures. I am also willing to meet up with anyone local to fly together.
Thanks a bunch!

Tybee Island has many photo opportunities, on the North Beach there is Tybee Lighthouse which is very photogenic. On the North Beach you can also catch the ocean container ships as they enter and leave the Savannah River. Cockspur Lighthouse is also very cool

Thank you for the tips! Tybee Island looks amazing. I plan on getting some sunrise shots. I will try and post the pictures from my adventures on here.

Last edited:
During a layover in Savannah, I was lucky to get room 317 in the Hyatt right there on the river front.

This room is great due to the balcony/patio right there on the roof corner! This room is made for drone pilots!...:) Yep, that's me doing a selfie there....

You can see more pics I took there on Richard (@jeplane) • Instagram photos and videos

If you do fly on the river front, pay attention to the coast guard station by the Westin. I once saw their helicopter just flying the length of the river at only 200 feet AGL. Scare the s..t out of me as I had been flying there moments before...

Attachments

• DJI SAV Richard selfie.jpg
    DJI SAV Richard selfie.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: Rodcast
Those are some awesome photos @jeplane. Lucky you on that hotel room. I have been able to edit the photos i took. Let me know you guys think

Attachments

• Downtown Savannah (7).jpg
    Downtown Savannah (7).jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 24
  • Tybee.jpg
    Tybee.jpg
    8.3 MB · Views: 21
  • Tybee-Island.jpg
    Tybee-Island.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 21
  • LH.jpg
    LH.jpg