DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New problem at maximum distance (mini2)

Ommolfesad

Reactions
In the first month of use, the maximum distance was 10 km. But now the maximum distance is 5 km.
Of course, most users have a problem with altitude, but I have no problem and a height of 500 meters is available .
My drone standard is fcc
Please help Because I can not find a way.
Tank

Reactions: Prop Wash
Welcome to the forum from the land of Oz. Have you checked the settings for maximum distance. I only time I ever tried to achieve max distance was about 3 kilometres before I lost signal. To get 10K is a real achievement. The rules must be very lax there in Iran for height of 500m. 😁
Regards

Has any of the settings changed in the menus? There are controls for max height, max distance and RTH height. If you've done any firmware updates, it's good to go back to check these to see if they changed.
Your surroundings will have an effect on distance. Are you flying in the same area you got 10k in or in a different place that may have more obstacles? Just thinking out loud.

Welcome to the forum from the land of Oz. Have you checked the settings for maximum distance. I only time I ever tried to achieve max distance was about 3 kilometres before I lost signal. To get 10K is a real achievement. The rules must be very lax there in Iran for height of 500m. 😁
Regards
Hello . Yes, the settings used to be 10 km, but now it has been reduced to 5 km.
The rules here are not loose. Supervision is intense. Iran does not connect with The DJI company to limit height.
Unfortunately, Iran was the only country that hunted down the American RQ-170 DRONE missile without harm, and this is worrying for us because the Iranian sky is closely monitored (For the sake of Israel and the United States).
But I do not think my problem has anything to do with it.

Thank you for commenting from the lovely land of Australia.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Gagey52
Has any of the settings changed in the menus? There are controls for max height, max distance and RTH height. If you've done any firmware updates, it's good to go back to check these to see if they changed.
Your surroundings will have an effect on distance. Are you flying in the same area you got 10k in or in a different place that may have more obstacles? Just thinking out loud.
Thank you for the important points. I have updated. Location has not changed. The height is the same as before, ie 500 meters. I thoroughly checked the settings.
It's really weird.

Have you checked that can retain contact at 5km?
If so that is quite impressive
The fact is that the Iranian government produces noise in large cities so that people can not access satellite networks and channels, these noise does not allow me to reach a distance of 2 km. But I want to go to the mountains and plains and there I will need a distance of 10 km.
What was the maximum distance you could fly??

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones