DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New props...how much noise reduction on Mavic?

Sad Mavic

Reactions
I've been trying to find any data on this but have been unable. DJI says the new Props reduce noise on the older Mavic but for some odd reason they don't say how much. Im sure they've tested it. Why wouldn't they put out the info? I'm wondering if the new props deliver most of the noise reduction on the Platinum with the new ESC only contributing slightly. Let's say hypothetically the new props deliver 3 out of the 4 db reduction on their own, DJI probably wouldn't want this info out cause that would kill the Platinum hype. Anyone have any info?

I do agree with your opinion, I guess the new props not only reducing the noise but adding 3 minutes flight time also since the new props designed creating less turbolence. Probably the differences between MP and the Platinum are on the firmware updates later on, they will add more function mode especially for the Platinum because of the new ESC features but not available for the original MP.

Not sure that data has been published yet, but here is a real world comparison between the MP and MPP
Not sure you can hear the difference ??

Scroll down about 2/3rds for a noise compaeison chart:

Buy Mavic Pro Platinum

Last edited:
Not sure that data has been published yet, but here is a real world comparison between the MP and MPP
Not sure you can hear the difference ??

Scroll down about 2/3rds for a noise compaeison chart:

Buy Mavic Pro Platinum
Yes I know about that. They claim MPlat is 4db less than MP due to new props and ESC. If you read my original post I am wondering how much JUST the props contribute to the noise reduction. This would help people figure out whether the props are the main improvement and that they would see a significant reduction using those props on the original Mavic.

Basically I want to know how much noise reduction will I get using new props on the original Mavic.

Then you will have to wait till we get some in to really know .
Not being smart but till then that's the way it is Sad M.

If we are to believe DJIs propulsion engineer over on RCGroups he claims 50% of that noise reduction is from the props while the other 50% is from the ESCs. We won't really know until someone get's their hands on the props in the real world and does some comparisons.

If anyone is interested in purchasing the Mavic platinum props, they are available here in the DJI Store.

If we are to believe DJIs propulsion engineer over on RCGroups he claims 50% of that noise reduction is from the props while the other 50% is from the ESCs. We won't really know until someone get's their hands on the props in the real world and does some comparisons.

If, as you say, that we can rely on the -4db TOTAL noise reduction and DJI states that 50% of that is from the props alone, then we are left with a -2db reduction.
It would take a very fine set of ears under optimum conditions to be able to discern a -2db drop in noise. Most people would never be able to tell the difference.

Check out this excellent video on YouTube and it very clearly demonstrates the differences in noise reduction

Reactions: GreatScott
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez