DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Purchase and Escapades - DJI Fly App.

excalibur1814

Reactions
Well...

I'm hardly new to the world of drones, after previously owning a Phantom 3, 4, Mavic Pro and DJI Mini, so I finally decided to dive back into the drone world with the Mini 2.

It arrived, more or less looking exactly like the first mini, to which I attempted to install the DJI Fly app. Store? Nope. I quickly found the APK on DJI's page, so attempted the stupidly crazy install. Nope. It wouldn't work. I tried installing on five different Android phones (all Huawei) and even on my Mate 20 x. I gave up and opted for Apple.

I ordered an iPhone 7 and, upon first configuration, the, 'Mobile Device CPU is fully loaded' message appeared. Oh the good old days of when Apple nurfed the iPad mini 4 and Phantom 4. I miss those days. Forced upgrades. Lovely. Due to this, I immediately sold the 7 to a work colleague.

I then ordered the iPhone XR.

Then, from nowhere, something struck me. What about Huawei's 'App gallery'?

Yep, the DJI Fly App was available. Installed and working as intended (Mate 20 x - not listed in the compatibility list). I now have ANOTHER phone to sell.

DJI... are you trying to mess with Android owners? Yeah, I get the 64bit excuse, but the iPhone 7 cpu overhead shouldn't be happening. Anyway, I'm good to go, so here's to MANY safe and beautifully captured flights.

Reactions: Jam0ne
Fly app, £70 samsung S6 here, works perfectly from any apk that I have tried, that's 1.1.6 to 1.4.8 and back again.

iPhone 7 is from quite a ways back. I've had my iPhone 7 for probably 4 years now. I had to switch to an iPad Mini 5 because of battery issues (even though it works fine as a phone, the Fly app would constantly restart it).

Had a great first flight today. Works without issue on the 1st Huawei Mate 20 x (Not the 5G version).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll