DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New SD card causing random disconnects?

Scott500

Reactions
I upgraded to this new SD card for a little more storage space and speed however ever since I installed it I've had several mid flight disconnects requiring a RTH.

I've never had any problems with my Mavic Pro using my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (other than the having to start the tablet last). Of course I've also recently done the latest software and firmware update and also wondered if it could be my cable..

I'd appreciate your opinions.

Scott

Attachments

• 20181010_143344.jpg
    20181010_143344.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
I upgraded to this new SD card for a little more storage space and speed however ever since I installed it I've had several mid flight disconnects requiring a RTH.

I've never had any problems with my Mavic Pro using my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (other than the having to start the tablet last). Of course I've also recently done the latest software and firmware update and also wondered if it could be my cable..

I'd appreciate your opinions.

Scott

Change the SD card back to one that worked and see if it still works, could be cable or the tablet

I experienced this very same issue yesterday with my M2P. Had my normal Lexar 64GB card installed (I understand it's not a supported brand - didn't figure it would make much difference), have used this same card many, many times in this drone. Powered on drone after powering on smart controller. Connection kept dropping and display showed many strange errors like IMU error, cannot take off. I removed the SD card and restarted, switching to internal storage. The problem went away. I tried a Sandisk 64GB card and there was no issue. Tried the original Lexar 64GB, and the issue came back. I tried formatting it in the drone and still had the issue. I know this sounds like nonsense, it's not. I am not a super-experienced pilot, but I have at least a couple hundred hours flown. I am familiar with most issues and know how to fix them. I guess it's possible a corrupt card messes with the software or maybe creates radio interference.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu