DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New SD won’t register with my mavic Pro

Sedaman

Reactions
Good morning all,

I bought a mavic Pro a while back and I have only been able to record on the internal storage. I bout a 64gb Amplim SD card for more storage. This card won’t even register with my MP. Any suggestions?

Problem? Amplim 64gb SPD card not readable in MP

Was unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far? Replaced with the 16gb as card the MP came with

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? iPhone 7

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Previous firmware from yesterday’s update

What Go app version are you using? Not sure

Any modification?
(if so what) none

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) no

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) no

Couple of questions?
Does it read in your PC/Mac?
What's the current file system format?
Does your Mavic give you the option to format it?
Have you tried rebooting the Mavic?
If you have a CrystalSky, can it read the card?
What class SD card is it? If uncertain post a picture of the front of it.

Couple of questions?
Does it read in your PC/Mac?
What's the current file system format? I’m not sure.

Does your Mavic give you the option to format it? The SD card? Yes

Have you tried rebooting the Mavic? Rebooting to factory setting?

If you have a CrystalSky, can it read the card? Don’t know what crystalsky is.

What class SD card is it? If uncertain post a picture of the front of it.
This is from amazon
Pack (Class 10 U3 UHS-I MicroSD XC Extreme Pro) 64 GB Ultra High Speed 667 X 100MB/s UHS-1 TF MicroSDXC 4K Flash - Cell Phone, Drone, Camera

Will they work in another device? Phone/tablet? Tried to format in another device for testing purposes?

I was able to locate a sd card reader and plugged it into my macbook. There is footage from my drone from as early as yesterday on the sd card and info from the sd card shows it has 59.77gb available.

I guess now i need to find out what I need to format the disk to so the MP will recognize it. Do any of you know a website that will walk me through the steps?

Reactions: Aww@Mavic
I was able to locate a sd card reader and plugged it into my macbook. There is footage from my drone from as early as yesterday on the sd card and info from the sd card shows it has 59.77gb available...
From the HappyBison link above: "In general, each Micro SD card has two main parts: microcontroller and raw flash chip. While the flash chip has its fixed size (i.e. 8GB), the microcontroller can be programmed to report anything. This way a fake card's microcontroller reports 64GB, while the flash chip stays 8GB.
Your Windows may show 64GB when you check for the size in card's properties, but Windows does not really measure or check the size. All it does is asks the card's microcontroller about its capacity and if the microcontroller was re-programmed to report higher capacity, you'll see what card had decided to report, not what the card can actually store."
...I guess now i need to find out what I need to format the disk to so the MP will recognize it. Do any of you know a website that will walk me through the steps?
You format the disk from within Go 4.

I was able to locate a sd card reader and plugged it into my macbook. There is footage from my drone from as early as yesterday on the sd card and info from the sd card shows it has 59.77gb available.

I guess now i need to find out what I need to format the disk to so the MP will recognize it. Do any of you know a website that will walk me through the steps?
Insert SD card into computer:

For Mac:
  1. Open Disk Utility
  2. Select the SD card
  3. Select FAT
  4. Click Erase
For PC:
  1. Open Explorer and navigate to PC
  2. Right click on the drive with your SD card
  3. Click Format
  4. Select FAT32
  5. Click Format