DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New SmartController update available

And my update went wrong!!! The SC found the new update and started to download. After complete download the device ask me to confirm the installation. I did and then..... nothing happens. It stays on "Updating 0 %" for over an hour. Every time I turn power off and on, the SC tells me that a new firmware is ready to be installed (V01.00.0530) and when I press OK: It stays on "Updating 0 %".

After some google'ing I found that DJI write that the correct way of updating, is to do it via DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic.
I have now tried but my SC don't connect to DJI Assistant 2 (just updated to the new 2.0.8 and restarted my Mac).

Does anyone know how to remove the downloaded update file on the Smart Controller so I can try to download a new one?

Or any other suggestions?

Greetings from Denmark
Godtfrank

Last edited:
Reactions: cryox24
on this link DJI underline-bold that:

Notes:

I finally got the DJI Assistant software to recognize my SC by logging out - logging in - waiting - waiting AND THEN! the SC mounted on the screen and I could choose to upgrade.
AND IT DID:)

Next time Maybe DJI could push out a notification to the SC that it requires to be updated through the Assistant? Maybe?

Godtfrank

Reactions: dtp and JoostGT3
Glad to hear you solved it Godtfrank! It’s things like these alone that make these forums essential. However much DJI tries to convince us these toys can be flown by anybody, they are in fact quite advanced machines with which a lot of stuff can go wrong. People like you telling their experiences, warning other users and offering solutions as well, you are gold, mate! Thanks so much!
Warm regards from the Netherlands,
-Joost-

Reactions: Godtfrank
I had my SC connected to Wi-Wf when the notice came through on the SC about the update, it stated that this update can only be done via DJI Assistant 2
on this link DJI underline-bold that:

Notes:

I finally got the DJI Assistant software to recognize my SC by logging out - logging in - waiting - waiting AND THEN! the SC mounted on the screen and I could choose to upgrade.
AND IT DID:)

Next time Maybe DJI could push out a notification to the SC that it requires to be updated through the Assistant? Maybe?

Godtfrank

I had my SC connected to Wi-Wf when the notice came through on the SC about the update, it stated that this update can only be done via DJI Assistant 2

Well - mine didn't. I could only CANCEL or CONFIRM. And when I pressed Confirm - then it startet downloading 3 GB of data. Strange ah?

But thank you for replying

And my update went wrong!!! The SC found the new update and started to download. After complete download the device ask me to confirm the installation. I did and then..... nothing happens. It stays on "Updating 0 %" for over an hour. Every time I turn power off and on, the SC tells me that a new firmware is ready to be installed (V01.00.0530) and when I press OK: It stays on "Updating 0 %".

After some google'ing I found that DJI write that the correct way of updating, is to do it via DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic.
I have now tried but my SC don't connect to DJI Assistant 2 (just updated to the new 2.0.8 and restarted my Mac).

Does anyone know how to remove the downloaded update file on the Smart Controller so I can try to download a new one?

Or any other suggestions?

Greetings from Denmark
Godtfrank
If you have a sd card in controller remove it per dji support having same problem as we text stuck at 1% tried for hours last night on assistant 2 talked to dji tech support told me to remove sd card then tried again still stuck at 1% talked to support again he asked if I was using windows 10 said I need to use 7 or 8 so thats where I am but using a friends laptop gonna try and down grade to 7 or 8 and try again not sure about mac

Reactions: cryox24
Yup. Mine won't update either. Exactly the same symptoms.
  • Won't connect to the latest DJI Assistant 2 v2.08.
  • Controller just sits there with "Updating (0%)" on the screen.
I've tried using both Wi-Fi and DJI Assistant 2 v2.08. Tried it both with and without the SD card installed. Nothing works.

John in Texas

Yup. Mine won't update either. Exactly the same symptoms.
  • Won't connect to the latest DJI Assistant 2 v2.08.
  • Controller just sits there with "Updating (0%)" on the screen.
I've tried using both Wi-Fi and DJI Assistant 2 v2.08. Tried it both with and without the SD card installed. Nothing works.

John in Texas

Hi John

I’m using Mac:
As I wrote earlier it worked for me when I did an uninstall on the DJI Assistant 2 and then installed it again. And... logged out and logged in again. It took a while before it was mounted but when it did, I could then do the update.

Hope the best
Godtfrank

Failed twice. 3rd attempt underway. I really have better things to do than babysit :confused:
Update :
This time it added a 'Transmitting' session after the download. Like the first two attemps, it hangs a while @ 16% then again @ 98%.
Update :
After an hour … success. Good grief! Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Well fellows I had same problems on my Mac so when I looked at downloads at dji and they released a new assistant 2 a few days ago when the new firmware was released, so I dumped my existing assistant and loaded new and all went smoothly, big update, takes a while but well worth it, tested today went through 3-batteries and very good , one thing I like is now I can adjust my evo with the 5-way button, want to mention that it looks better to have ev at minus 3 or 7 this way your video or pictures do not get over exposed and looks way better than keeping at 0.0 ev Mavic2pro camera is a little soft to me so this way colors and resolution is nice

Hi guys,

I started downloading the new update via my desktop which has only USB 3.1 ports and Win 10
The download gave problems so after several times I changed to my laptop Win 10 as well and only 1 USB 3.1 and USB C ports.
Used a USB C hub to 4 x USB 2.0 and the download and transmission phase went smoothly
The SC updated normal and when flying I realized the annoying date bug is solved !

Happy and safe flying

I have had the same problems… I´ve done everything you said but nothing happens.
I still read 0% in my SC screen after 1 hour waiting for the download to get installed...
What can I do???
I'm getting more and more frustrated because nothings seems to work.
Someone knows what DJI say about this?
Thanks for your help!

Hi, the only advise try to start the whole procedure from another desktop or laptop

Success

Is this new update just for the smart controllers only? How about the standard remote controller?

If you have a sd card in controller remove it per dji support having same problem as we text stuck at 1% tried for hours last night on assistant 2 talked to dji tech support told me to remove sd card then tried again still stuck at 1% talked to support again he asked if I was using windows 10 said I need to use 7 or 8 so thats where I am but using a friends laptop gonna try and down grade to 7 or 8 and try again not sure about mac
Hi DronCific.
I´m experiencing the same troubles like you.
SD card is out, so no problem with this.
After full download I tried to install data but progress seems to stall everytime at 0%...
More than 25 minutes waiting for a small change but nothing...
DJI tech support asked me to change USB cable/port. The result: nothing!
They told me that I had to uninstall/install DJI Assistance 2, so I did… nothing again...
I don´t have a Windows 7/8 PC to try what you say...
Did you finally installed the new firmware?
I´ll appreciate your comments.
Greetings from Spain.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs