DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to Drones in Ft. Lauderdale

Wow! It's been almost 2 years since I wrote my one and only post and I just logged in for the first time since .You guys are great. It's been over 3 years since I bought this Mavic Pro Platinum. You guys are right about S. FL... airports overlap each other and my controller now says NFZ. However, the last time I tried was 2 weeks ago and it started and I was able to fly it for the first time! I was amazed. I checked the Ignore box and the I accept full responsibility etc. AND IT FLEW!! Then I did a Firmware update and I'm dead in the water again. I only flew it in my front yard and never more than 20 feet AGL. Crashed it multiple times. This thing is rugged! The last crash screwed up the gimbal. The camera still works but it won't calibrate. I took it to a shop here in FLL ($30) and they tried a new flex cable and that didn't fix it. Now they're saying I need a new camera. Again, the camera still works and the gimbal moves but the camera points straight down. After the crash the drone flew just fine though with no control of the camera. Now, with the Firmware update, it's NFZ for me. Using Assistant 2 and went back to the earliest firmware available on DJI's Assistant 2; V01.04.0100. Can't get rid of the NFZ. I heard about the a UK firmware company NLD, that allows you to fly anywhere, albeit not legally. My priority is to get it flying again. Then I'll deal with the gimbal/camera. The drone is over 3 years old and has flown 2.7 hours! Thanks in advance for any help!

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes