DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to Drones in Ft. Lauderdale

Khaos13

Reactions
Hi guys. My name is Dan and I've owned this drone for a year and half. I have never been able to get it flying. Many frustrating hours have been spent trying to make it work. Hopefully, through your help, I'll be able to get it up!

Welcome to the forum! :)

I have never been able to get it flying. Many frustrating hours have been spent trying to make it work
Which drone are you flying? What exactly are you struggling with?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

I am on a layover in FLL right now, and I don’t blame the guy...
I gave up myself trying to find a way to fly by the beach.
Between Pompano airport, Fort Lauderdale Executive airport, FLL itself, it’s impossible to be beyond 5 miles.
Long live LAANC for hobbyists on 7/23!...:)

@Khaos13 Welcome to the forum :)

Are you more than 5 miles away from the airport?

Strictly speaking, distance from an airport is no longer the key... it's What Airspace are you trying to operate in. Technically, if an airport in in Class G (GOLF) airspace you could "legally" (probably not suggested though) up to and from the airport property.

5 miles from an airport was preSection 349 information.

Just returned from Iceland where I tried to get a nice view of the city of Reykjavik-the capital. The drone was like a brick. Total NO FLY ZONE. I had no idea the downtown area was next to an airport!! The geofencing really works! I only intended to fly just above the roof tops to get an overview of the city at around 60-70 feet but no way, Jose. I pressed all the waiver buttons ("yes" I accept responsibility, etc. etc.). No go. I guess I will either get a drone without geofencing or live wit my Mavic Air brick near airports.

Fort Lauderdale beach is pretty much a NFZ for UAS.

You're better off driving north or south in one of those outer rings where airspace opens up at 1200'/1500'. North Miami beach or Hillsborough/Pompano/Deerfield beach are options.

Fort Lauderdale beach is pretty much a NFZ for UAS.
View attachment 76894

You're better off driving north or south in one of those outer rings where airspace opens up at 1200'/1500'. North Miami beach or Hillsborough/Pompano/Deerfield beach are options.
Thanks for this info

Total guess, since he's in FTL, check out the airspace overlaps it's insane. DJI Go is likely preventing him from taking off due to NFZ.
I live in fort Lauderdale off sunrise and US1, airspace is not an issue. I own a DJI Inspire 1 Pro. I use a program called airmap to obtain permission from the appropriate air traffic control towers which is usually fort Lauderdale international and or pompano airpark. however when I first got the drone I accidentally flre iywithout obtaining permissions. And still had no issues

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of helpful advice and support. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

I live in fort Lauderdale off sunrise and US1, airspace is not an issue. I own a DJI Inspire 1 Pro. I use a program called airmap to obtain permission from the appropriate air traffic control towers which is usually fort Lauderdale international and or pompano airpark. however when I first got the drone I accidentally flre iywithout obtaining permissions. And still had no issues
I also live in Fort Lauderdale by 15th Avenue and Sunrise. I’m thinking to go to the Holiday Park to flight, so do you know if is allowed to flight there ? I also use the AirMap or Kittyhawk to ask for permission.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan