DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to drones - M4P

Hello,

I anticipate buying the Mini 4 Pro but trying to assess the fly more combo or fly more combo plus. Not much on subjective opinions, based on experiences. Other than regulations on the proverbial weight of 250g +/_ requirements:
I'm looking to see if:
1) those who bought combo - giving your experience so far, would you rather to have got the combo plus or happy with combo?
2) those who bought combo plus - giving your experience so far, do you wish you would have gotten the combo or happy with the longer flight time?

The heavier weight of over 250g doesn't bother me (registering my drone with FAA). I'm a recreational hobbyist only.
If you are going to fly often or more than one flight the fly more combo is the way to go.

Reactions: LoudThunder
If you are going to fly often or more than one flight the fly more combo is the way to go.
I plan on using no more than 1 battery on a given session. My question was what your experiences were on using fly more combo or combo plus?
If fly more combo, based on vids & pics, would you have gone with fly more combo plus, instead, or is combo pkg sufficient?
Other side...if you got fly more combo plus, based on your experience, do you wish you would have bought combo pkg?

Last edited:
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

The registration Fee with the FAADroneZone is $5.00 for 3-years, for every drone you own if you are flying Recreationally. If your drone is being used commercially, under a part 107 License, the it's still registered for three-years, but each drone used on the commercial business must individually be registered for $5.00...
It's not for every drone you own if recreationally flying, it is for the person only. That person can have 1 or 20+ drones, and it is only the $5 for three years. If you are flying commercially with a Part 107, then you must register every drone you fly.

It's not for every drone you own if recreationally flying, it is for the person only. That person can have 1 or 20+ drones, and it is only the $5 for three years. If you are flying commercially with a Part 107, then you must register every drone you fly.
What's the link? Will that be on the paperwork I receive with drone?

• Wow
What's the link? Will that be on the paperwork I receive with drone?
No, you just need to go to the official FAA web site and register there. Be sure you are paying only $5 because there are a few scams site out there that look almost like the official FAA gov. web site but are not, and they charge you $100 plus and all they do is take the info you just gave them on their web site and then do your registration for you, paying the FAA the $5 and pocketing the rest of the money you just paid them.

I have a Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller. If I were you, I would get the larger batteries and a Smart Controller. You don't always have to use every ounce of juice your battery has on each flight, but it is nice to have the extra time to fly, for those times when you need it.

No, you just need to go to the official FAA web site and register there. Be sure you are paying only $5 because there are a few scams site out there that look almost like the official FAA gov. web site but are not, and they charge you $100 plus and all they do is take the info you just gave them on their web site and then do your registration for you, paying the FAA the $5 and pocketing the rest of the money you just paid them.

I have a Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller. If I were you, I would get the larger batteries and a Smart Controller. You don't always have to use every ounce of juice your battery has on each flight, but it is nice to have the extra time to fly, for those times when you need it.
Thanks for your kind input. Once I get drone, probably won't be flying too extensively at 1st until I navigate through the controller for a bit.

What link do i need to go if I'm over 250g?
Link to the FAADroneZone, when you are flying recreationally and your drone weighs more than 250 grams... It is also the same link if you are registering a drone under your part 107 license...

FAADroneZone

I'm a loner. No one I'm my area.😓
I do not know how to help you… You listed your location as the "USA" and there are thousand, upon thousands of us drone pilots out there… Your user name is "InAz" and that might mean "in Arizona…" and I've lived in central Arizona (Phoenix, Glendale, and Apache Junction) and in southern Arizona (Tucson). So I know it can get a bit lonely…

However, depending on your willingness to drive to a less sparsely populated location, then make YouTube your friend and watch lots of videos on how-to and how-not-to fly your drone…

I do not know how to help you… You listed your location as the "USA" and there are thousand, upon thousands of us drone pilots out there… Your user name is "InAz" and that might mean "in Arizona…" and I've lived in central Arizona (Phoenix, Glendale, and Apache Junction) and in southern Arizona (Tucson). So I know it can get a bit lonely…

However, depending on your willingness to drive to a less sparsely populated location, then make YouTube your friend and watch lots of videos on how-to and how-not-to fly your drone…
I've already done this on youtube. Just waiting for the pkg.
I'm in Snowflake, btw. Will to look in my profile to update.
In dji forum, over half are in EU so it's a big difference in here.

) those who bought combo - giving your experience so far, would you rather to have got the combo plus or happy with combo?
2) those who bought combo plus - giving your experience so far, do you wish you would have gotten the combo or happy with the longer flight time?

For my Mini 3 Pro I ordered the combo and bought a couple of plus batteries, then only the combo plus arrives so I upgraded to that and bought some more standard batteries. Now I have three standard and four plus batteries.

I often fly in places where I must fly with standard batteries (by Transport Canada regulations), so those get a lot more use. Inside controlled airspace, potential for being closer than 30 m from people, near a small airport…

I have often run through all three standard batteries that I have and wished for another. I've never used up more than two plus batteries on trips where I can use them.

I like the longer flight time, and would be happy to fly plus only but, as I said, the regulations for a 250+ g drone prevent me from flying many places I want to fly.

So for my circumstances, flying with standard batteries opens up so many places to me that I would happily trade one or two of my plus batteries for standard batteries. The extra flying time is nice, but I bought the Mini specifically because I wanted to fly under the sub-250 g regulations. (Although I admit I do tend to carry it on hikes in preference to the Mavic 2 Pro, because I swear the M2P gets heavier every year!)

I'm in Snowflake, btw. Will to look in my profile to update.
In the late '90s, I spent time at the Apache Reservation resort, east of Show Low, Fly Fishing in their "manmade lakes" that are used to make artificial snow for the skiing. And I used to drive up to Show Low to shop at the Knife & Gun Finishing Supplies Store… It was always worth the 4-hour drive, It was always a beautiful trip…

Shoot @Dharris6891 a Private Message; he is located just south of you. You can also look at some of his recent postings.

In the late '90s, I spent time at the Apache Reservation resort, east of Show Low, Fly Fishing in their "manmade lakes" that are used to make artificial snow for the skiing. And I used to drive up to Show Low to shop at the Knife & Gun Finishing Supplies Store… It was always worth the 4-hour drive, It was always a beautiful trip…

Shoot @Dharris6891 a Private Message; he is located just south of you. You can also look at some of his recent postings.
How do I change my location in here? Seems like everything's locked in.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne