DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to drones: what’s currently the best/ cheapest option for photographers?

fsdaaerwrf

Reactions
I recently found a Mavic Air 2 in a national park. I found the owner and am returning it. Link

But now I am thinking about getting one for myself. I am not that much into video but want to take good quality pictures. this seems to rule out a Mavic Mini since it doesn’t support RAW. I am not sure if I will actually enjoy a drone so I don't want to spend too much money.

Does anybody have recommendations for a drone with good photo quality and doesn’t cost too much? Maybe one of the older models would work? Or maybe another brand?

Best drones for photography less than 2K are the Mavic 2 Pro (for me is actually outdated)
the other option i really like is the Autel Evo II Pro 6K. There is an Autel Evo II 8K but is half inch sensor so... i like more the Pro version.

I love my Mavic 2 Pro is an excellent drone but since i have one for me the next level will be the Evo II Pro or a DJI Inspire 2 but this can be over 5K dollars setup.

Now if you want something even cheaper, i don't think there is a better option than the Mavic Air 2.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
I was hoping for something a little cheaper :(. I know a lot of people who bought a drone and quickly lost interest so I want to avoid investing too much until I know I like it. Maybe a mini is best and once I know I like it, upgrade.

Reactions: Davyc
Maybe a mini is best and once I know I like it, upgrade.

The Mini takes surprisingly good photos (but doesn't produce RAW files, if that's important to you). The difference between 2.7k and 4k images is not as noticeable as you'd think.

Make a friend of someone who has one. You can do that through this forum, possibly with an aptly-named thread, or by just keeping your eyes open in your area. There's likely some local hobby shops that sell RC Aircraft and the like - they will know where the flying fields are - probably a bunch of drones there. If you show as much interest there as you have here, you're likely to get some stick time without spending a dime.

And you'll have made a new friend.

Mavic Mini is your drone...but I am sure, will be not the last...very soon you will begin to think for something better...

Mavic Air 2 takes great pictures... And in RAW.

It doesn't have the 1" Hassy like the M2Pro but for 800 bucks, it's 100% worth it.

Something you may not know......
DJI products retain their value like nothing else on the planet.

If you get bored with it, come back to the forum and sell it. ?

I recently found a Mavic Air 2 in a national park. I found the owner and am returning it. Link

But now I am thinking about getting one for myself. I am not that much into video but want to take good quality pictures. this seems to rule out a Mavic Mini since it doesn’t support RAW. I am not sure if I will actually enjoy a drone so I don't want to spend too much money.

Does anybody have recommendations for a drone with good photo quality and doesn’t cost too much? Maybe one of the older models would work? Or maybe another brand?
I’m going to have to say get a Mavic air 2 otherwise you’ll have to go with something used by the way did the person give you a reward?

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Best drones for photography less than 2K are the Mavic 2 Pro (for me is actually outdated)
the other option i really like is the Autel Evo II Pro 6K. There is an Autel Evo II 8K but is half inch sensor so... i like more the Pro version.

I love my Mavic 2 Pro is an excellent drone but since i have one for me the next level will be the Evo II Pro or a DJI Inspire 2 but this can be over 5K dollars setup.

Now if you want something even cheaper, i don't think there is a better option than the Mavic Air 2.

Or you could go in a totally different direction. Go to amazon. Search for holy stone or eachline. They are in the 200 -500 dollar range and have a pretty decent camera. Check it out. Good luck

Or you could go in a totally different direction. Go to amazon. Search for holy stone or eachline. They are in the 200 -500 dollar range and have a pretty decent camera. Check it out. Good luck

I concur on HolyStone, I own a few of their products...customer support is awesome...however..They are "Toy Grade" as compared to DJI "Hobby Grade"...just something to factor in and consider IMHO. :)

I concur on HolyStone, I own a few of their products...customer support is awesome...however..They are "Toy Grade" as compared to DJI "Hobby Grade"...just something to factor in and consider IMHO. :)

A little bit better than toy grade. I put that out there. Because he does not even know if he will like the hobby.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661