DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to drones: what’s currently the best/ cheapest option for photographers?

I recently found a Mavic Air 2 in a national park. I found the owner and am returning it. Link

But now I am thinking about getting one for myself. I am not that much into video but want to take good quality pictures. this seems to rule out a Mavic Mini since it doesn’t support RAW. I am not sure if I will actually enjoy a drone so I don't want to spend too much money.

Does anybody have recommendations for a drone with good photo quality and doesn’t cost too much? Maybe one of the older models would work? Or maybe another brand?
[/QU
I recently found a Mavic Air 2 in a national park. I found the owner and am returning it. Link

But now I am thinking about getting one for myself. I am not that much into video but want to take good quality pictures. this seems to rule out a Mavic Mini since it doesn’t support RAW. I am not sure if I will actually enjoy a drone so I don't want to spend too much money.

Does anybody have recommendations for a drone with good photo quality and doesn’t cost too much? Maybe one of the older models would work? Or maybe another brand?
First off,a big thank you for taking the time and effort to find and return the drone to the rightful owner.
A DJI Spark is a great little drone. Great pictures and video, good luck.

All the suggestions above are excellent. You might want to look at Ebay or Offer-Up. Both of my M1P's were purchased pre-owned. I got a high quality drone for under $600.00 with batteries, charger, remote controller and lens filters. i have since purchased wraps for both, strobe lights, take off/landing pad, carrying case, etc. I think all in im under $1800.00 and that is for two drones and 10 batteries and accessories.

Reactions: Platinum 4 ever

I have had all of the Mavic models exept the Zoom and I would say the best one to get would be a used mavic pro and put platinum props on it. You can get a used one for the price of a new Mavic mini!

I have had all of the Mavic models exept the Zoom and I would say the best one to get would be a used mavic pro and put platinum props on it. You can get a used one for the price of a new Mavic mini!

Or for that matter. He can always get a platinum. I love spending other people’s money [emoji383]. lol.

I came into using drones from years of photography with Nikon cameras. I have owned and used several DJI drones including an Inspire 1 and an Inspire 2. I sold those because they were too difficult to transport to where I wanted to take photographs. This was mainly in the back country of South East Utah. Then I got a Mavic 1 which was fine. But what I really wanted was to be able to take aerial photos that could come close in resolution to what I was getting with my Nikons. The Mavic 2 Pro has been my choice for about 2 years now and it is the answer for me when I want excellent aerial photographs.

Time to do your homework. If you want a cheap drone then you will have to give up something but what ever you do.... Get one with GPS.
Your hobby will cost you money but make sure you protect it and learn everything you can before and after you buy it.
This is from my MA2.
DJI_0010.JPG

this one from Mavic Air 2 AEB 5 pictures stacked in photoshop.
No color correction or color adjustments at all. Is the stock result.

BA9C2279-61B8-4F2D-9E5B-BF671B5F50F6.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: itsneedtokno
mavic pro is inexpensive and it does alot of work .spark does nice if you are just interested in learning and they luv to come home rather your ready or not cool little machine

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stokdgenetics