DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to Drones

jrizz1

Reactions
After years of RC flying I have ordered a MPP. I am confused over which App to get. DJI Go or DJI Go 4. What is better to have using an iPhone 7? Thanks, still waiting for my MPP.

After years of RC flying I have ordered a MPP. I am confused over which App to get. DJI Go or DJI Go 4. What is better to have using an iPhone 7? Thanks, still waiting for my MPP.

DJI Go 4 is the app you need. It is the app used by the Mavic. DJI Go is used by other DJI drones and is not compatible with your new Mavic.

DJI Go 4 is the app you need. It is the app used by the Mavic. DJI Go is used by other DJI drones and is not compatible with your new Mavic.
Yes, and this is even explained when one looks up either app in the app store. One says "for drones before the Phantom 4" and the other says "for drones after the Phantom 4".

There are plenty of videos now on youtube that go through the DJI Go 4 app in extreme detail and explain every setting available. They highlight all the features and explain how to setup before flight and how to make adjustments via the app during flight. I would highly recommend to check out the youtube videos about the app before flying. Just make sure not to use some third party apps like Litchi to fly if you are a beginner.

I'm a first time flyer as well. I downloaded and printed out the entire manual. Going to read it a few times and go through the DJI Go 4 app settings multiple times. I've seen too many pilot errors that could have been corrected by reading.

Another first timer, waiting for my MPP. I'm reading everything and trying to watch every tutorial on YouTube.

There is enough YouTube content out there to keep us going until DJI sends us our drones. I hope.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme