DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New To Droning (Southeast Florida)

As an amateur photographer, I am intrigued with (non-commercial) drone photography. Before I invest in the necessary training and equipment I want to make sure that There are sufficient legal (and worthwhile) flying sites. From what I can gather, there are not too many available. Am I pushing it in this part of the country?
Hi- The short answer is NO.

I am a drone enthusiast in Coral Gables, zip code 3156. I have been filming throughout the entire area for 3 years. I do manage to find places to fly all the time. Sometimes nearby my home and sometimes necessitating some driving, like out to the Everglades. Please refer to my Vimeo site for ideas. Please be sure, if you go to this site, to keep clicking the "more" button on the bottom. So far I have not run out of places to fly. And of course, I travel outside South Florida and take my Mavic 2 Pro with me, so on this site you will also find drone footage of Montana.

Dale Davis

My favorite way to find places to fly is to open up Google maps and search for the green areas, and of course, avoid airports, etc that you can find on your Airmap app.

I am in palm beach county (Jupiter) . You are not allowed to take off or land at any palm beach county park. Kind of a bummer for me as that covers most of the local parks and beach/ waterfront areas.
I’m in West Palm Beach and I frequently fly at the west end of Okeeheelee Park. There have been numerous Park Rangers drive by where I was flying and none of them told me I wasn’t permitted to fly in the park. I know drones aren’t allowed in national park, not sure about state parks

Hi- The short answer is NO.

I am a drone enthusiast in Coral Gables, zip code 3156. I have been filming throughout the entire area for 3 years. I do manage to find places to fly all the time. Sometimes nearby my home and sometimes necessitating some driving, like out to the Everglades. Please refer to my Vimeo site for ideas. Please be sure, if you go to this site, to keep clicking the "more" button on the bottom. So far I have not run out of places to fly. And of course, I travel outside South Florida and take my Mavic 2 Pro with me, so on this site you will also find drone footage of Montana.

Dale Davis

My favorite way to find places to fly is to open up Google maps and search for the green areas, and of course, avoid airports, etc that you can find on your Airmap app.
Thanks for the info, Dale. I have decided that as soon as I can I will purchase my first drone and get out there and find some places to fly. Your suggestion about using Google is a good one. Hope to meet you out there one of these days.

Thanks for the info, Dale. I have decided that as soon as I can I will purchase my first drone and get out there and find some places to fly. Your suggestion about using Google is a good one. Hope to meet you out there one of these days.
Further to my previous note, I got to enjoy a couple of your Vimeo uploads (Miami Sunrise, Matheson). Will watch others later. Very well done and an inspiration to me get get onto the game. Thanks again.

I’m in West Palm Beach and I frequently fly at the west end of Okeeheelee Park. There have been numerous Park Rangers drive by where I was flying and none of them told me I wasn’t permitted to fly in the park. I know drones aren’t allowed in national park, not sure about state parks
The ordinance is regarding parks run by the county, not state or federal parks. If there's a palm beach county parks and rec sign there , then it's a no go.(at least according to the ordinance. Who knows if it will be enforced)

The ordinance is regarding parks run by the county, not state or federal parks. If there's a palm beach county parks and rec sign there , then it's a no go.(at least according to the ordinance. Who knows if it will be enforced)
Checking Google, it appears that droning is not allowed in any state parks. What a bummer!

As an amateur photographer, I am intrigued with (non-commercial) drone photography. Before I invest in the necessary training and equipment I want to make sure that There are sufficient legal (and worthwhile) flying sites. From what I can gather, there are not too many available. Am I pushing it in this part of the country?
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

I am in palm beach county (Jupiter) . You are not allowed to take off or land at any palm beach county park. Kind of a bummer for me as that covers most of the local parks and beach/ waterfront areas.
I have seen this mentioned before, but I was trying to find more information about this to see if this is still an issue, and can't find any rules or such stated on the county parks site, and only see it mentioned on a couple of parks specific pages. Do you know have any more information where this is stated?

I have seen this mentioned before, but I was trying to find more information about this to see if this is still an issue, and can't find any rules or such stated on the county parks site, and only see it mentioned on a couple of parks specific pages. Do you know have any more information where this is stated?
I’m in West Palm Beach and I frequently fly at Okeeheelee. Park Rangers have seen me, but none of them told me about not flying in County Parks. I have flown in Riverbend, without any issues. Most of the time I fly during the weekdays.
The only sign I’ve seen is at the Jupiter Lighthouse park, stating drones are prohibited.

Reactions: LakeWorthB
I’m in West Palm Beach and I frequently fly at Okeeheelee. Park Rangers have seen me, but none of them told me about not flying in County Parks. I have flown in Riverbend, without any issues. Most of the time I fly during the weekdays.
The only sign I’ve seen is at the Jupiter Lighthouse park, stating drones are prohibited.
I used my AIRMAP app to search the Jupiter area and found site a lot of the ocean front available.The green circle is 500 feet in diameter.
Dale
Miami
Airmap Jupiter.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_