DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New To Droning (Southeast Florida)

Wings22

Reactions
As an amateur photographer, I am intrigued with (non-commercial) drone photography. Before I invest in the necessary training and equipment I want to make sure that There are sufficient legal (and worthwhile) flying sites. From what I can gather, there are not too many available. Am I pushing it in this part of the country?

As an amateur photographer, I am intrigued with (non-commercial) drone photography. Before I invest in the necessary training and equipment I want to make sure that There are sufficient legal (and worthwhile) flying sites. From what I can gather, there are not too many available. Am I pushing it in this part of the country?
Welcome to the forum. You want to shoot
non-commercial, new to drones just like me, and don't want to make a big investment starting out. Mavic mini
bypasses weight regulations for registration, considered the drone for newbies like us, from what I have seen takes respectable photo/video, and priced extremely well. I believe your area in Florida should have a considerable number of fly sites. I again am fresh off the boat, but I believe there is a Florida
group on this forum. Best of luck.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. Sorry unable to help you here with your question, but someone in the forum, that lives near you will help. You will find much support and advice here. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Well, you are in my area and there are plenty of beautiful areas to fly at as long as you are a responsible pilot and respect the rules and regulations of the FAA, state and local laws.
I would suggest that you get familiar with airports and Geo NFZ’s in the state of Florida.

There are apps that you can use for this.
B4UFLY Mobile App
Home - AirMap
These are just some examples.
Good luck on your endeavors and know that if you ever have questions,
The forum is here to help!;)

Welcome to the forum. You want to shoot
non-commercial, new to drones just like me, and don't want to make a big investment starting out. Mavic mini
bypasses weight regulations for registration, considered the drone for newbies like us, from what I have seen takes respectable photo/video, and priced extremely well. I believe your area in Florida should have a considerable number of fly sites. I again am fresh off the boat, but I believe there is a Florida
group on this forum. Best of luck.
Thanks for the warm welcome. If I find that there are enough flying sites that don’t require that I drive for two hours to get to them, then I will invest in either a Mini or Air 2. Looking forward to getting some input from local drone pilots.

Thanks for answering. This is exactly what I am concerned about. I had heard that the Jupiter lighthouse was a good subject. Are you allowed to fly there?
Not sure. I believe lighthouse is coast guard property. I was going to film it from the large park next near it when I discovered the large green sign with the ordinance stating no drone launch or landings.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_