DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to forum

Hi everyone, had my drone out now for the second time and i am very happy with it. Been taking it slow and getting used to the controls.try all the quick shots which was fun, but not try the rth feature yet, that's on my next flight.
My question is to anyone, is that i did a compass calibration before both flights in 2 different area's, but i have not done a IMU calibration. I saw somewhere that they said you should do a IMU and compass calibration straight out of the box new?
I have no problems with drone, it is rock solid in the air, does everything i ask for with stick movement's. But how often should you do a IMU and compass calibration? And should i do a IMU calibration to be on the safe side?
Thank you for any feedback, much appreciated ?

Hi everyone, had my drone out now for the second time and i am very happy with it. Been taking it slow and getting used to the controls.try all the quick shots which was fun, but not try the rth feature yet, that's on my next flight.
My question is to anyone, is that i did a compass calibration before both flights in 2 different area's, but i have not done a IMU calibration. I saw somewhere that they said you should do a IMU and compass calibration straight out of the box new?
I have no problems with drone, it is rock solid in the air, does everything i ask for with stick movement's. But how often should you do a IMU and compass calibration? And should i do a IMU calibration to be on the safe side?
Thank you for any feedback, much appreciated ?

I can't remember if I did any calibrations as it was working fine.

If the app tells you something needs calibrated then do it.

Beware of rebar in concrete and other hidden metal that may give a false reading if setting it down on the ground. You may get the compass error message and need to calibrate. Just move the drone and make sure the drone matches the image on the map (heading).

@Troyboy2 ,there is no need to do an IMU calibration,unless you are having an issue with the drones stability ,or if you get a message to do so on the screen,the compass is a different matter ,but sometimes just moving the drone away from the source of the magnetic interference will do the job with out having to calibrate the compass

@Troyboy2 ,there is no need to do an IMU calibration,unless you are having an issue with the drones stability ,or if you get a message to do so on the screen,the compass is a different matter ,but sometimes just moving the drone away from the source of the magnetic interference will do the job with out having to calibrate the compass
Thank you all for feedback, i have no IMU problems, and no errors on screen, so will leave it for now. But do you have to calibrate the compass at every different locations? Just as a safety precautions? All feedback is appreciated ?

Thank you all for feedback, i have no IMU problems, and no errors on screen, so will leave it for now. But do you have to calibrate the compass at every different locations? Just as a safety precautions? All feedback is appreciated ?

No.

I think the Phantom line of aircraft may have had to do that with earlier models in the past.

I know some YouTube videos suggest doing it, but you may doing more harm than good.

My MA2 traveled from the other side of the Planet and I can't recall doing a compass calibration when I received it :)

Thank you for your feedback, i will not do calibration, only do calibration if prompted on screen. Everything is working as it should be.?

Hi everyone hope you are all safe and well.
Got some more flight time in the other day , thats over 3 hour's now with the air2 and up to now everything has been great with the drone. I know it's only early on, but i am getting a bit more courage to go further out with it and trusting myself with the stick movement's.took it to a local beach near me early in the morning, when nobody was around, few photos of the Humber bridge from a distance away. Just getting used to the camera as well. No nd filters on yet, maybe someone could point some out for every day use?
Any feedback would be much appreciated ?

Attachments

• Photo_6553604_DJI_4_jpg_3922936_0_2021424103552_photo_original.jpg
    Photo_6553604_DJI_4_jpg_3922936_0_2021424103552_photo_original.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 1
Hi all, i have flown 30 flights now with my ma2 and its a great drone and love everything about it. Just wondered if anyone could help me with some advice.
I was wondering if the propellers have a expiry date? I take them of after every flight and inspect them for any cracks or chips or bent? So far so good.
So if no damages do i just keep using them? Or does the plastic get brittle after time?
Thanks for any feedback much appreciated ?

Reactions: Steel63
Hi all, i have flown 30 flights now with my ma2 and its a great drone and love everything about it. Just wondered if anyone could help me with some advice.
I was wondering if the propellers have a expiry date? I take them of after every flight and inspect them for any cracks or chips or bent? So far so good.
So if no damages do i just keep using them? Or does the plastic get brittle after time?
Thanks for any feedback much appreciated ?

No expiration date that I know of.

The props will last a long time as long you don't hit anything to compromise the structural integrity of them.

I haven't noticed any sort of brittleness to them since I've been flying.

The props on my Spark (2017) worked until I had a pilot error crash and broke one recently.

D'oh!

Thank you for your feedback, much appreciated. I will continue to use and inspect them.what do you think of the low noise props? Is it worth changing? Safe flying

Reactions: Steel63
Thank you for your feedback, much appreciated. I will continue to use and inspect them.what do you think of the low noise props? Is it worth changing? Safe flying

I purchased a set of Master Air Screw props for the Spark. They worked fine and had a different pitch but any drone is going to make some noise.

I was going to purchase a set for the MA2 but bad reviews on the first batch of props kept me from purchasing them.

The stock props work fine for me.

Hi thanks for feedback, think i will stick with the stock props for now, i might get a skin for it to see better on bright day's, have to research some out. Safe flying ?

Reactions: Steel63 and MA2 317
Hi thanks for feedback, think i will stick with the stock props for now, i might get a skin for it to see better on bright day's, have to research some out. Safe flying ?

Here are the two most talked about Wraps that pilots seem to like.

I don't have a wrap myself, but they are pretty cool.

Hi everyone, I took my air 2 out today to local park for a check on latest firmware update, I was flying over fishing lake around 150ft high.everything on screen was normal no warnings! Everything Was. charge up drone,battery,remote and phone. Then all of a sudden my remote starting slightly vibrating for around a minute and then a helicopter was flying past, so took drone down for safety. Was this a warning because of helicopter nearby, has never happened before? No warnings on screen to? Thank you for any feedback on this, flying in uk.

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacPilot55