DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to forum

Welcome to Mavic Pilots!

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
Personally I never buy the bundles, because searching the internet you can buy props,
battery, storage equipment,, Etc at a very reduced price. Although, it does require time to do research, which I have now. Every day is Friday, no job to go to. Please check out Mavic Help and Mavic tips, has info how to prevent flyaways, new releases, cases and back packs, strobe mounts, buy refurbished Mavic. Thats my go to place before I buy anything used or new. Can give you bunch of tips, but just share one, about the RTH feature.Understanding how it works .One pilot, was on a boat, drone took off from the bow of his boat. Got the message "home point has been updated". he pulled up anchor, followed the drone down stream. He had his battery set at 30 percent, to let him know his battery level, and then another battery setting at 10 percent. Critically low battery. Drone started to return to home point, and he did not know how to cancel RTH, and watched his drone fly over his head to where he was anchored and landed in the water, to never be seen again.. Good to practice this feature in wide open field, practice, and more practice, any time using a new feature.

Hi everyone, before i get ma2 in few months, can i apply for the operator id and take test now? Or do i have to wait for when get drone for any serial numbers on drone they need?????
Thank you

Hi everyone, in two minds now?
Need some advice please? Was planning to get the ma2 as my first drone, but seen the specs for mavic mini 2 and look impressive, shall i wait and get this has a first drone? Don't know what to donow? Need help anyone? Thanks..

Hi everyone, in two minds now?
Need some advice please? Was planning to get the ma2 as my first drone, but seen the specs for mavic mini 2 and look impressive, shall i wait and get this has a first drone? Don't know what to donow? Need help anyone? Thanks..

Buy both. ?

Hi everyone just joined today, from England (hull Yorkshire). not got a drone yet, but been wanting one for year's. Every time I decided on one, a new one Pop's up which is better and better specifications so could not decide?.
Anyhow i am thinking of getting the Mavic air 2 has my first drone this Christmas [emoji319]
Do you think this model will be ok for a first timer? Been reading information about drone and watching YouTube videos, and looking into how to register drone to fly legal?
Look forward to any advice from the members [emoji106]
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Hi everyone, after months of decision making, to buy mini 2 or ma2 i decided on the ma2 as my first drone. I thought liveing in the uk it be better for the strong winds?
Came today from heliguys uk with 2 years warranty on all new drone's and heliguys own 1 year refresh plan that covers drone and remote.
Have to start reading that manual now?
Does everyone agree it should be ok as first drone???

Attachments

• IMG_20201211_123649.jpg
    IMG_20201211_123649.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
Hi, this might sound daft to the experts!
Im just started out in this hobby!
I was just wondering when you are not using the drone and it's put away in Dji bag. Do you have to have the battery inserted in it, or is it safer to take battery out? Say if it's got 20% charge in battery?
Does it make a difference?
Any feedback would be grateful

Hi, this might sound daft to the experts!
Im just started out in this hobby!
I was just wondering when you are not using the drone and it's put away in Dji bag. Do you have to have the battery inserted in it, or is it safer to take battery out? Say if it's got 20% charge in battery?
Does it make a difference?
Any feedback would be grateful

The only threat to storing your battery in the drone itself for an extended time is if the battery starts to swell for whatever reason it get stuck and you have to destroy your drone to get it out.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Mavic in the Rain .

The only threat to storing your battery in the drone itself for an extended time is if the battery starts to swell for whatever reason it get stuck and you have to destroy your drone to get it out.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Mavic in the Rain .
Thanks for that information ?i think i will keep it out for long periods when not in use?

@Troyboy2 ,if it is not going to be used for an extended period then dont leave it at 20% charge ,store it at 50 to 65% and check it monthly

@Troyboy2 ,if it is not going to be used for an extended period then dont leave it at 20% charge ,store it at 50 to 65% and check it monthly
Thank you old man mavic for the information, was not sure how much charge you leave in batteries when not in use? Any more useful tips like this one would be much appreciated. Drone is for Christmas, so not set up yet until then, just trying to get most points covered! ??

WELCOME to the forum :)

Got the drone i have always wanted for Christmas, registered the drone and did the test for Flyer id and operator id. Bought a back pack for it and other accessories, read the manual few times!
And now we are in another lockdown, so still not flown it yet? ☹️

Hi All! After hiring pilots on some shoots over the past few years, I'm looking at getting myself a small drone for smaller shoots. The Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller is my choice at the moment. I want to get my part 107 ASAP but not excited about going anywhere in person these days... I'll still go to a pro for serious work when I need to fly my full size cameras, (and budget allows), but for small jobs, the 20MP camera is just enough to get by. All opinions welcome.

Hi all, after being still in the box from Christmas unopened, finally after lockdown and descent weather i manage to get my new ma2 setup and flying today. As a first drone i was very impressed how it handled and how easy it was to control. I started slow and steady, and a few tests of the quick shots, Which was fun. Next flight will test out the rth feature.
At the moment I am very happy with my new hobby, safe flying ?

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu