DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to Mavic Pro. Betacam SX to Mavic Pro...I miss my iris.

Billy Balata

Reactions
I love the high/wide. No more hiking to the top of a parking garage to get an establishing shot. I'm learning how to fly but frustrated with the settings. In a high contrast situation opening or closing the shutter during a take causes a jerk in the light instead of that nice smooth iris. I found that I could shoot in the shadows or in the sunlight but not mix. I was shooting in the Guadalupe Box, Jemez, NM. 4k, 30fpf, #8Bower ND, 400 ISO, Shutter was up/down. I used to shoot field level & h/w at Pac 12/ NFL and it was no fun to shoot from shadows to light in that situation either. Wahhhhh. Flying good, whining bad. I'll figure it out...Guad Box1.JPGGuad. Box 2.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.40805

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.
Best regards and good luck,

Rob

I love the high/wide. No more hiking to the top of a parking garage to get an establishing shot. I'm learning how to fly but frustrated with the settings. In a high contrast situation opening or closing the shutter during a take causes a jerk in the light instead of that nice smooth iris. I found that I could shoot in the shadows or in the sunlight but not mix. I was shooting in the Guadalupe Box, Jemez, NM. 4k, 30fpf, #8Bower ND, 400 ISO, Shutter was up/down. I used to shoot field level & h/w at Pac 12/ NFL and it was no fun to shoot from shadows to light in that situation either. Wahhhhh. Flying good, whining bad. I'll figure it out...View attachment 53628View attachment 53629
Howdy from Wyoming @Billy Balata , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Have you tried shooting AEB's and combining them into an HDR? HDR's are perfect for scenarios such as this. Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique