DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to the game

DroneZig

Reactions
So a few days ago I picked up my new mavic air. Absolutely love it but I'm already having issues. I've had to calibrate the compass over 10 times and given up a few times as it just didn't work. I also had another error 'check redundancy state'.

When it works it's great. Could it be a dud? Should I get it replaced?

I do love it. Funny how I'm scared to go too high [emoji16][emoji16]

Compass errors are usually caused by metal. Double check that you’re not having a problem that way. Even a slab of concrete can have rebar in it. Also a drain pipe under the slab. Try takeoffs from a completely different spot.

Compass errors are usually caused by metal. Double check that you’re not having a problem that way. Even a slab of concrete can have rebar in it. Also a drain pipe under the slab. Try takeoffs from a completely different spot.
Yeah I read that but I was on a field in the middle of no where. I worry that it'll ask all the bloody time and remove the fun. Could it be faulty?

I had similar problems with my new air, until I realised my watch was causing calibration errors.
Be careful with any metal nearby.

Yeah I read that but I was on a field in the middle of no where. I worry that it'll ask all the bloody time and remove the fun. Could it be faulty?

Could be something on your person (smartwatches have been a common culprit), nearby power lines (or underground powerlines), or even if the ground beneath you is made up of a high percentage of ferrous rock or similar.

If you can't calibrate it anywhere you go though, it could be defective. Just note there are lots of things, some not obvious, that can interfere with compass calibration.

Hey

It seems OK now so I expect it was just interference. I love this thing :) thanks for all your replies, I really appreciate the time/effort.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661