DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to the site, Soon to have my first drone.

Kevmilnes

Reactions
I live in PA. Delaware County. I hope to have my (Mavic pro Fly more combo 4k) by middle of next month. Looking for places to fly, and helpful tips in getting started.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . :)

I don't know if the DJI simulator is still available but I would start there. Then in your yard or park. Learn to fly the aircraft around yourself. Not near yourself but close. Learn to fly nose in. Learn to fly in a circle around yourself while keeping the camera pointed at yourself. Do the same while changing elevation. Learn to fly a square path. Set up some obstacles in the yard and do smooth figure 8s around them. Know how to fly. Learn to locate the contols and buttons without looking. then pick up target and try to keep the drone pointed at it while doing all the same exercises.

I had been flying airplanes and helicopters for years and I bet you I burned more than six batteries before I turned the camera on and tried to record things.

A lot of people buy these aircraft and don't actually know how to fly them. I think it's sad . My 2 cents.

The good news is you really have to try hard to crash If you don't listen to my advice but welcome either way!

Last edited:
Congratulations! I would get the cheapest drone from Walmart or a Syma from amazon and start with that, they’re a lot more difficult to fly than the Mavic and crashing often results in damaged props if any.
Look up quadcopter101 on youtube, that guy has great tips for beginners.

Reactions: KimAllen
I live in PA. Delaware County. I hope to have my (Mavic pro Fly more combo 4k) by middle of next month. Looking for places to fly, and helpful tips in getting started.
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Pro, I love mine. Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob
Thunderdrones

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PMKMD