DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NEW UPDATE /Dji go 4.1.10

Has anyone tried this update yet? Hopefully that dynamic home point updating is something we can disable right?
upload_2017-9-21_20-10-32.png

It is disabled by default. You have to activate it if you intend to use it. Otherwise same as usual. Interestingly the wording here is continuously update in lieu of periodically update as stated in the release notes. Also how literally should we take tracking a person? What if it is tracking a boat, or bike or car or a dog? It is possible they actually have set it to only update HP dynamically in the person sensed tracking sub mode and not to do so when tracking other objects. There is some merit in that logic I suppose.

upload_2017-9-21_20-23-0.png

PS had fun trying out the Quickshot. Simple to use and worked well. Nice addition.

So, did anyone notice DJI GO4 vs 4.1.11 was release this morning. where as vs 4.1.10 was only released 3 days ago. I compared the version history of the two releases and could NOT see any difference or anything add in vs 4.1.11 history listing. Can anyone elaborate.

I Will test the new app out today if weather is nice. I had just updated to vs 4.1.10 yesterday and flew last night with a couple issues which may have been due to low ambient light.

I current am running current FW 4.0000 and current iOS 11, on both iPhone 6 and Mini4.

I already gave my application note to the Google Store. I also went through that, I spent some time looking for the new functions until I realized that I had not updated the software. DJI scores zero. Do the same, the application note is already 2.7, lousy!
But for Android when will version 4.1.10 be available?

But for Android when will version 4.1.10 be available?
From past experience it will probably appear in a day or twos time. If you are really busting to try out the new features borrow someones iPhone for and fly it with that. I tried it on my iPad today. It works fine. But wont bother using it again until the updated Android app turns up which is what I usually operate with.

. flew last night with a couple issues which may have been due to low ambient light..

What issues did you experience, if you don't mind sharing ?

I flew late this afternoon, into very dusk conditions, quite a lot of trees about.

Found the drone wouldn't hover well, kept going up and down with no controller movement, had to really watch it.

Was getting low ambient light warning, but first time flying so late in the day so this might be normal.

So, did anyone notice DJI GO4 vs 4.1.11 was release this morning.

Yep, I did as well. I see this a lot with other apps, it feels like they have to update every other day several times in a row. Glad to look back here and see it wasn't a fluke or my imagination but it went from a .10 to .11

Think they had an "oh crap" bug fix right away that they didn't want to wait for?

I have the update it will only work if you turn it on and also only if you are tracking something I presume you would find it useful if tracking yourself you would not have to go all the way back to your starting point if it decided to make a home point landing
Thanks! That explains it a lot better than DJI does!;)

I flew late this afternoon, into very dusk conditions, quite a lot of trees about.

Found the drone wouldn't hover well, kept going up and down with no controller movement, had to really watch it.

Was getting low ambient light warning, but first time flying so late in the day so this might be normal.

Turn off the VS

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz

Correct, it didn't hover well and from what I read since, it might me due to the downward sensors not "seeing" the ground very well, so I was going to try again today during daylight and see if problem continued. But updated iOS GO4 software to 4.1.11 last night so may or may not be an issue

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Yep, I did as well. I see this a lot with other apps, it feels like they have to update every other day several times in a row. Glad to look back here and see it wasn't a fluke or my imagination but it went from a .10 to .11

Think they had an "oh crap" bug fix right away that they didn't want to wait for?
This is my guess too.

I took the MP out for a few flight this morning. First thing I noticed is,there is yet another update for the DJI GO4 app!:mad: I checked the camera settings out with both the D-Log,and Normal settings. What I found out is,that D-Log is darker,softer,and kinda Hazy looking now,But the Normal setting is back to "normal" again. Since I always used Normal,I'm a happy Camper now! Note to DJI: Leave it alone! I'll post a video in a little while where the two settings are played,and you can see the diffrence. They were both shot in 2.7K 30fps,on Auto setting! The video's were downloaded with i Movie,and are unedited!

Here is the video! The diffrence is dramatic,to say the least!:) The normal setting is NOW back to 'Normal" No changes were made other that changing between D-Log and Normal settings! The last update really had the Normal setting screwed up,it was way over exposed! DJI,please leave this alone! You Got It!Thumbswayup Both shots were taken with a #16 ND filter.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer