DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New user, urgent help please

yes will give it a try. i panicked cause when i spoke with a rep of dji he told me that using a device that is not on the list could crash the drone

a rep of dji he told me that using a device that is not on the list could crash the drone
That's not possible since the drone is only controlled by the Mavic remote controller.

Reactions: djoe
i have the 2016 model the rep from dji write me that not good enough
Most DJI reps will probably tell you all devices not on their short list are not good enough.

Definitely wait and see it it works first my Samsung S5, S6 and S7 all work just fine although I now use my Crystalsky 99% of the time.

Why not just upgrade to a modern phone? If you are blowing cash on a drone but buying a new phone is a problem maybe you shouldn’t be spending money on a drone to begin with. This is not DJIs fault...

so i can.to fly it without mobile for the beginning?...
Yes...and No. You can fly with only the RC. The phone/tablet (display) gives you the camera display, is where you set various parameters, and access the special flight modes.

Upon reflection, you need to be careful with that first flight if a display has never been connected. You use the display to calibrate your compass and IMU (which controls the steadiness of your flight), set your Return to Home altitude, and other things. Odds are that settings are close enough to give satisfactory flying out of the box but be ready to land immediately if you need to. So make sure your first flight is in an open field away from people or things to run into.

Last edited:
I have ordered my mavic combo yesterday and am still awaiting it, but to my dispair I just found out that its not compatible with my samsung J5 mobile , and after spending a fortune on this drone I have to invest in a device to be able to control it. DJI sent me a list of the devices, but to be 100% sure and safe what you people are using and never had problems please? I wish to be a tablet for a bigger screen. Please I need your help so I try to find this tablet before the drone arrives next week. Thank you in advance
I use Samsung Note with 8 inch screen. Love it. Big enough screen area for me to see without glasses. You will need the tablet adapter but they are inexpensive

I am a true blue android users and have used S5, Samsung Core, and Samsung tablets. I found the best for sun and stability is the Ipad mini 2.
I'm not an apple guy at all but that is what works the best for these drones. You can get good used mini 2 units on ebay for around $100.

I'm running a dedicated LG-G2, on Android 5.5. It's not on DJI's official list, but it has never crashed and works flawlessly (except it's not very bright). I agree with others here ~ don't panic. Try the device you have and see if it works. Odds are, you're good to go.
The LG G5 also works ok. My Samsung Galaxy J7 also works.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ICantStopTheLoneliness