DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New user, urgent help please

djoe

Reactions
I have ordered my mavic combo yesterday and am still awaiting it, but to my dispair I just found out that its not compatible with my samsung J5 mobile , and after spending a fortune on this drone I have to invest in a device to be able to control it. DJI sent me a list of the devices, but to be 100% sure and safe what you people are using and never had problems please? I wish to be a tablet for a bigger screen. Please I need your help so I try to find this tablet before the drone arrives next week. Thank you in advance

You can find a list of recommended and commonly used mobile devices here.

Reactions: BluesDragon
yes Thank you, saw that but I wish to know from experience what users found better from those on the list, as I read some of the devices still had problems

That list includes DJI's supported devices and other devices often recommended by members of this forum (and PhantomPilots.com).

Are you just interested in knowing which device is the best? If so, a single best device does not exist.

I have ordered my mavic combo yesterday and am still awaiting it, but to my dispair I just found out that its not compatible with my samsung J5 mobile , and after spending a fortune on this drone I have to invest in a device to be able to control it. DJI sent me a list of the devices, but to be 100% sure and safe what you people are using and never had problems please? I wish to be a tablet for a bigger screen. Please I need your help so I try to find this tablet before the drone arrives next week. Thank you in advance

Go to Walmart and get a
AT&T PREPAID Huawei Ascend XT2 for 49.00. Search this forum for it. Mavic users love it.

Go to Walmart and get a
AT&T PREPAID Huawei Ascend XT2 for 49.00. Search this forum for it. Mavic users love it.
I guess you're referring to this single thread? It's chock full of a bunch of excited people who bought the phone just due to its low price. Most everyone in the thread has not received it or commented on how well it works. Hopefully it turns out to be as good as the hype in that thread.

From everything I've seen and read, an Apple device is the way to go. I'd look at second hand iPads if you don't like the prices of brand new.

I believe iPad 2 upwards work with the go4 app

I'd say get an iPad Mini 4 and be done with it. That's what I use for both my Spark and my Mavic Pro. No issues whatsoever.

iPad mini 2 processor can sometimes struggle with latest Go 4 I use iPad mini 4 never any issue :) I actually have the cellular version as it has gps and obviously cellular data for when I’m out and about

Is your Samsung absolutely not compatible or just missing from a list of compatible devices? You can try it before you have to get something else. If it doesn't work then you can still fly with the RC only until you get something. Flying with the RC only will allow you to really learn how to fly. Then you will be ready for that day when your display device crashes/dies/whatever and comfortably take control.

Edit: See entry #34.

Last edited:
Is your Samsung absolutely not compatible or just missing from a list of compatible devices? You can try it before you have to get something else. If it doesn't work then you can still fly with the RC only until you get something. Flying with the RC only will allow you to really learn how to fly. Then you will be ready for that day when your display device crashes/dies/whatever and comfortably take control.
Agree with this, they don't test then list every android phone.
Might be no need to spend anything, however having a known good one dedicated to it is a nice option.

Reactions: OzoneVibe
Is your Samsung absolutely not compatible or just missing from a list of compatible devices?
A very good point, since my phone (Wileyfox Storm) is pretty much unheard of by anyone in any use, let alone on any compatibility list .... and it's brilliant! :)

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
By the way, j5 2016 or 2017?? J5 2017 is a good midrange phone. You should try it first.

so i can.to fly it without mobile for the beginning? is good idea i will try mobile first maybe its good after all as its not on the list. i have the samsung j5 2016 model

I'm running a dedicated LG-G2, on Android 5.5. It's not on DJI's official list, but it has never crashed and works flawlessly (except it's not very bright). I agree with others here ~ don't panic. Try the device you have and see if it works. Odds are, you're good to go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky