DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New user, urgent help please

I use a Xiaomi MiPad 3 (Android 7.0) with DJI-Go 4 (4.1.3 modded) and Litchi (last beta version). Both work great with no issue. This tablet has the same screen as the Ipad mini 4, but is far less expensive.

Last edited:
I am a true blue android users and have used S5, Samsung Core, and Samsung tablets. I found the best for sun and stability is the Ipad mini 2.
I'm not an apple guy at all but that is what works the best for these drones. You can get good used mini 2 units on ebay for around $100.

mini 2 is terrible in the sun (it's the bottom one):

p1010217a-jpg.25908

Ipad mini 2 bought refurb off Amazon and i use a sun shade another $10 I also fly exclusively Litchi not Go 4

I have ordered my mavic combo yesterday and am still awaiting it, but to my dispair I just found out that its not compatible with my samsung J5 mobile , and after spending a fortune on this drone I have to invest in a device to be able to control it. DJI sent me a list of the devices, but to be 100% sure and safe what you people are using and never had problems please? I wish to be a tablet for a bigger screen. Please I need your help so I try to find this tablet before the drone arrives next week. Thank you in advance
Hey friend, I've been flying my mavic with a $85.00 Samsung j3 emerge smartphone with a prepaid account on virgin mobile. It has worked absolutely flawlessly!! No exaggeration or bull. It works very well.

Reactions: djoe