DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New waypoints in DJI Go4

FritsWuts

Reactions
Why is the android version for the new waypoints 2.0 stil not available in DJI Go4. Latest version is stil V4.3.11 om DJI site.

Just called DJI yesterday and they stated Google is still checking out the new version of the app. They also said it should have been out on the 29th of Jan and now we are stuck way to use the new Waypoint feature. IOS however, had the update on the 24th of Jan.

I've had 4.3.12 in my Samsung Galaxy S8+ since Monday or Tuesday. Yesterday there was a brief moment when it wasn't snowing or blowing hard, and I flew a simple 5-waypoint mission around our house. I won't fly very far because we have half a meter of soft snow, and if my M2P drops for whatever reason, I won't find it until the snow melts.

UK 31/1 Android phone just indicated update available. Waypoints version 4.3.12 loaded normally.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Go4 App and still the old version. Tried downloading from the DJI download and still old version.

I installed Android version update of DJI Go 4 V4.3.12 from Google Play Store (UK) just 5 minutes ago. All seems well but still to test waypoints

I originally obtained 4.3.12 on 1/25 but they re-released it yesterday 1/30 probably with some adjustments.
Expect another release soon with an updated version number. That's what they did with Go 3 back in Jan 2016, or maybe it was 2017.

OK, I think I might have gotten the 4.3.2 update. However, cannot access the Flight Mode. I get the error an popup showing "In beginner Mode, the aircraft can only fly within 30 radius of the home point at significantly slower speeds" and the is a slide bar with it to the left as seen in "Image1.png". When going through the settings it shows Beginner Mode is not enabled (image2.png). I cannot change any of the settings for height, RTH or radius.

What is wrong?

I don't have the Mavic 2 turned on or near by.

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    142.7 KB · Views: 10
  • image2.png
    image2.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 11
I just chatted with online support and was told that the drone needs to be connected to the app in order to create missions with waypoints. Is this true? I just cannot believe that DJI would do that. I'm going to verify once home.

I found that you can connect the DJI GO4 APP to your drone and after it is connected you can turn the drone off. As long as you do not close the DJI GO 4 APP, you can continue to program waypoints and save flight plans to later up load to your drone. even though you have to initially connect to your drone, you don't have to waste battery time while you are programing.

Reactions: mavic53 and Elude
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman