DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New World Record: Epic flight bone stock (smart controller + mavic 2 pro ) 11km one way, 22 km round trip.

amstar

Reactions

Max throttle both ways, avg speed 75km/ hr, PWM % 75-80%,stayed in the yellow though. Had to climb up to 1100 ft going over a peak on the way back. SC froze while doing screen recording and running go4 so had to ditch screen recording. What a pita. Will have to process the 4K video for images now.
Mavic 2 is unlike other quads so far, it’s max efficiency lies in fast speeds, exactly what will have to be calculated but the combination of the high energy Li ion batt, the propulsion sustenances with the esc and the motors and the propellers makes for a mean machine.

Last edited:
Why someone, you have been very helpful in this forum, please do the honors

The SC is entirely a different beast.

This is an outstanding flight, its award winning on so many different levels, it would be nice if DJI were to acknowledge it in some way.

Phantomrain.org
coal

How did you calculate average speed? Did you stop for a restart the turn around point?

22km in 22min 36s = 58km/hr in Australia....

Awesome flight no matter how fast you were moving!!!!!

Max throttle both ways, avg speed 75km/ hr, PWM % 75-80%,stayed in the yellow though. Had to climb up to 1100 ft going over a peak on the way back. SC froze while doing screen recording and running go4 so had to ditch screen recording. What a pita. Will have to process the 4K video for images now.
Mavic 2 is unlike other quads so far, it’s max efficiency lies in fast speeds, exactly what will have to be calculated but the combination of the high energy Li ion batt, the propulsion sustenances with the esc and the motors and the propellers makes for a mean machine.

The SC screen froze during screen recording... did it come back on? Were you able to figure out how far the drone was when it froze?

The SC screen froze during screen recording... did it come back on? Were you able to figure out how far the drone was when it froze?

It froze for about 30 seconds, I kept moving forward as the route was clear; this happened quite early moments after Qi switched on screen recording so had VLOS and I’m familiar with this route.
But obviously for the Arm cortex SC which has to function as a radio and as a visual receiver (probably as an afterthought by DJI) it was too much.

How did you calculate average speed? Did you stop for a restart the turn around point?

22km in 22min 36s = 58km/hr in Australia....

Awesome flight no matter how fast you were moving!!!!!

Sorry, that should be max speed (approximately).

Congratulations! I don't have the guts to try going that far yet but since I got the SC, everything seems to be working so well in terms of connection and other factors!

What a joker (see what I did there? .... No?...goes and hides in the corner)

Wait, dont tell me. Is Australia the one with the Kangaroos?
Must be, because we sell these shirts here (and there's no other country which causes similiar confusion ?)
41UXbZTP4oL.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman