DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New York Flatiron Building

Got to wonder for sure. Maybe has 107 clearance. However has to be within 5 miles range of two of the busiest airports in the US. Risk vs reward, great shot.

Paul C

Reactions: Akoztha
I am looking at the sectional and it APPEARS that under 1500' is safe flying, but boy it is dicey airspace, especially that close to Trump Tower.Untitled A.jpg

Reactions: MavicTraveler
I know it's possible to get waivers and permits from NYC, I'm just curious the route.
Also, NYC PD using a version of Areoscope and tracking down rogue aircraft and pilots now for about a month.

You mean Manhattan or NyC

You must be from Brooklyn¿
It's ileagal to take off/land in all five boroughs except five designated fields, three of which are controlled AMA clubs and won't let you fly unless you're a member

It's ileagal to take off/land in all five boroughs except five designated fields, three of which are controlled AMA clubs and won't let you fly unless you're a member
If you’re a resident the roof is legal

You not from Manhattan?

The roof is legal!

4+ years flying in the the had numerous encounters with the NYPD the roof is legal.

Parks, sidewalks, streets are obviously city property.

The Rivers are good to take off and land also

Watch out for the helicopters, commercials stay above 1200’ except on final, know your area or stay close

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929