DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newb here. Just received the first of two Arc Vs I ordered.

ArnieZiffel

Reactions
Holy crap, that thing's bright.

This is the one with the hanging mount for the Mini 2 that keeps the bottom vents unrestricted. The other one will go on the top (both after I pass my 107, hopefully, in a few weeks, and register my bird).

Reactions: Torque
Holy crap, that thing's bright.

This is the one with the hanging mount for the Mini 2 that keeps the bottom vents unrestricted. The other one will go on the top (both after I pass my 107, hopefully, in a few weeks, and register my bird).
The Arc V definitely gets your full attention!

I've configured one of my Mini-2s similar to what you describe, with an Arc V slung under the belly, and one on the butt, the back of the battery cover.

If you want to maximize your ability to maintain VLOS, I strongly recommend putting the strobe on the butt, rather than on top. If you put it on top, you'll never see it in a flight of any distance...unless you're flying down from a canyon wall!

Just something to consider...

Reactions: ArnieZiffel
You're going to get a a lot of suggestions, so go with what is good for you. Ideas from others often spark your own creativity.

On my Mini2 I've recently changed my lighting configuration. I used to have one on the bottom and small ones, red and green on the arms. In thinking this through I thought a more balanced approach might work and having red/green on the arms was helpful when it was pointed toward me, but not so much when it was pointing away. I have since, on my Mini 2 went white on the bottom, secured with velcro, then conjured up my own little creation so the green would stand up on the top, then I attached (any one of smaller strobes) to the back. Right now it's an Arc II on the back, but could be a Vifly or small Firehouse. I like being able to definitively see which way it's facing, so two colors work well for me. The small one up front with makeshift mount is 7.5 grams. The same strobe without the mount is 4grams. The bottom mount is a creatively constructed (cut out) velcro strip that circles the power button and battery indicator lights. The only drawback to that is that I have to turn the Mini 2 on before placing the strobe. But I use the top velcro (shared for a moment) as a parking place while I get the power turned on from the bottom.

On the Mini 2 weight is a consideration in regard to battery longevity in flight. On my Mavic 2 Pro I have clear on the bottom (again velcro'd) and R/G on the arms and at night one on the top, all ARC V's. The extra 52 grams of the ARC V's on the Mavic 2 are inconsequential, because it has so much power reserve.

1652983949801.png

1652983976830.png

Reactions: ArnieZiffel
You're going to get a a lot of suggestions, so go with what is good for you. Ideas from others often spark your own creativity.

On my Mini2 I've recently changed my lighting configuration. I used to have one on the bottom and small ones, red and green on the arms. In thinking this through I thought a more balanced approach might work and having red/green on the arms was helpful when it was pointed toward me, but not so much when it was pointing away. I have since, on my Mini 2 went white on the bottom, secured with velcro, then conjured up my own little creation so the green would stand up on the top, then I attached (any one of smaller strobes) to the back. Right now it's an Arc II on the back, but could be a Vifly or small Firehouse. I like being able to definitively see which way it's facing, so two colors work well for me. The small one up front with makeshift mount is 7.5 grams. The same strobe without the mount is 4grams. The bottom mount is a creatively constructed (cut out) velcro strip that circles the power button and battery indicator lights. The only drawback to that is that I have to turn the Mini 2 on before placing the strobe. But I use the top velcro (shared for a moment) as a parking place while I get the power turned on from the bottom.

On the Mini 2 weight is a consideration in regard to battery longevity in flight. On my Mavic 2 Pro I have clear on the bottom (again velcro'd) and R/G on the arms and at night one on the top, all ARC V's. The extra 52 grams of the ARC V's on the Mavic 2 are inconsequential, because it has so much power reserve.

View attachment 148603

View attachment 148604
I haven't yet seen a noticeable degradation in flight time on my Arc X Mini-2, but I haven't been watching for that carefully.

I decided to go with double-sided 3M tape for mounting them. I've got one for each bird, and I don't take them on and off; I leave them permanently attached.

But to each his own!

:cool:

I haven't yet seen a noticeable degradation in flight time on my Arc X Mini-2, but I haven't been watching for that carefully.

I decided to go with double-sided 3M tape for mounting them. I've got one for each bird, and I don't take them on and off; I leave them permanently attached.

But to each his own!

:cool:
Everybody has different perspectives, methods and perceived needs. What works for you works for you and is great. I like to mess around with different things, experiment with creative solutions in the ultimately they come up with things that fit my needs or that I just like best. One of the great things of this forum is there a different people offer different solutions which are offered up as ideas for others to follow, reject or modify for their own benefit.

I am sure that the size of my strobe collection is a bit unusual. I just wanted to experiment with different strobes to see what they do and somehow now have a little collection that most people wouldn’t have. I also understand that $35 for a single strobe might be as much as someone wants to spend. And that in itself requires a little creativity to get the most out of that single strobe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtlesn