DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie flight question

camfused

Reactions
Hi. First post. I just picked up a Mavic Air bundle:
- Mavic Air and controller, flown 10 brief times (all in one day), never crashed
- DJI Googles
- 6 MA batteries
- 2 battery charging hubs
- GPC hard case for MA
- DJI ND filter set
- 2 extra propeller sets
- All cables, etc

$800 + shipping. Good deal, I think.

My previous drone was a DJI P3 Standard.

Anyway, my question: My house is 7.1 miles (according to Google maps measuring tool) from a major airport. We are occasionally under the flight path, for take-offs and landings. Every evening, there is a beautiful Boeing 777 that leaves for Europe. It is 5000 feet when it goes over my house (kind of heavy at that point), according to flight tracker. Can I fly my MA up to 400 feet and capture it going by? Is this legal/kosher?

Quote: $800 + shipping. Good deal, I think

Good deal? your kIsser may end up on Post Office Walls - Steal of the Century!

Welcome to the Flight Deck, Camfused! Thanks for hooking up with the rest of Us, we think you'll enjoy The Ride.

Don't be shy about Advice Requests - you're off to a great start, btw. There's tons of advice and experience here, and we even have our own Mr. Fixits, for any Issues you may encounter.

Rgds, NAVMAV

Reactions: pagan1
Every evening, there is a beautiful Boeing 777 that leaves for Europe. It is 5000 feet when it goes over my house (kind of heavy at that point), according to flight tracker. Can I fly my MA up to 400 feet and capture it going by? Is this legal/kosher?
Rather than the legality of the question, I'll comment on the photographic technicalities.
If the 777 is at 5000ft and your Mavic is at 400 ft, the airliner (209 or 242 ft long) is going to be too small to show well with the wideangle lens of the Mavic.
It's not worth the effort.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman