DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie From DFW, Texas

Hi Y’all. I am new here; actually stumbled on this site looking for new places to go fly.

I have been flying my Mavic since July 2021 when I passed my Part 107. I’m doing real estate drone work and love flying. My 16 year old is studying for the exam now, and it is something we really enjoy doing together.

We are both eager to learn!
Welcome from Western NC. Was once a DFW'r (Arlington) as well, but needed to find mountains, trees, and cooler weather.

I have a MaVic Pro 2 and LOVE it!!! I wish that I knew more places to fly! That has been the biggest struggle - seems Texas is so big but so limited.

I was a HS geography teacher and quit for some reasons bout 18 months ago. I have been doing RE for about 3 months and really enjoy it. The biggest problem is that there isn’t much work right now. Get you 107 and be ready for spring :)
Get apps like Aloft, B4UFLY (both app and they have a PC version), UAVForecast to know where you can mostly fly. Sadly, too many states are restricting state parks and other places that may not show up on any of the apps. Google search is required for that.

With that, where there is a will, there is a way. While many local to federal requirements do not allow take off or landing - much of the airspace above said parks and such is flyable. You should understand that kind of thing with a 107. Not ot mention so many airports in and around DFW that may restrict flying near them.

Hi Y’all. I am new here; actually stumbled on this site looking for new places to go fly.

I have been flying my Mavic since July 2021 when I passed my Part 107. I’m doing real estate drone work and love flying. My 16 year old is studying for the exam now, and it is something we really enjoy doing together.

We are both eager to learn!
That’s what it’s all about. Great team. Welcome from Long Island NY. Flysafe & Godspeed Droniac

Welcome to the forum! :)

I'm in North Dallas and have been hitting many places that you should check out:
- Lake Lewisville - LLELA Nature Preserve on the south side and Greenbelt Park Denton on the north side both have big open spaces to fly, lots to see.
- Ray Hubbard - Woodland Basin Nature Center is great and a bit closer.
- Rowlett Creek Dallas Nature Preserve
- Carl and Cecil Cooper Section (Garland)
- Spring Creek Forest Preserve (Garland)
- Spring Creek Nature Area (Richardson)
- Katie Jackson Park (Dallas)

All these places have large green spaces, that you can fly over without generally disturbing people or flying over them, and are in uncontrolled airspace. Personally, I stay away from Whiterock and the areas down in town. Pretty, but too many people.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard