DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie from Widnes, Cheshire

s1ng0

Reactions
Hiya guys / gals my name is Cath, I bought my Mavic Mini in July, I watched several videos on tube, and only learnt the other day the power difference between Europe and the FCC!
Still .... this was money well worth spent, I love it ;-)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to our forum, from Texas, USA (one of your former colonies)!

You'll find that Mini almost fly themselves. This can lead to overconfidence. Try to be conservative at first, and expand your horizons gradually. The Mini, at only 249 grams, doesn't handle wind as well as the heavier drones do. On windy days--you get those in the UK--, it's best to fly the Mini so that you have a tail wind on the way back.

Read your manual, and practice using "Find My Drone".
Chances are you'll crash and perhaps lose your drone. Don't wait 'til that happens to try to learn under stress in less than ideal conditions. We have several fellow Brits among our membership, and over 100,000 more from around the world who will help you learn your new hobby. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can!

Glad you've joined us!

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Mini/20200212/Mavic_Mini_User_Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf

Welcome to the forum. You will find support and advise here. We look forward to your contribution and your view of the world.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Eyup Lass!

I hope that you enjoy your Mavic Mini.

You live in a very nice area on the other side of the Pennines to me. I've been over to your area a few times in the past, and I used to go to a couple of works in the area of Bwcle (Buckley) when I worked, but they were all in the times before these lovely little flying machines we now have :)

Welcome to the forum Cath, from Chicago the Windy City.
Looking to buy a MM myself, have been researching info for about 8 months now. Been trying to learn about indentifying any issues with the MM. One of them is wind speeds. That most flight control problems are caused by wind speeds in excess of the design limits of the aircraft. Another is power interruption due to battery disconnect. Another one is Lost'/damaged props or motor problems, leading to loss of propulsion.Oh yes, primary role of MM is to fly as a selfie camera, never designed for long distance. I own two, MP's but still looking at buying a MM some day. I like it because of how small it is. Fly safe, please read your manual, especially about the RTH feature.

Eyup Lass!

I hope that you enjoy your Mavic Mini.

You live in a very nice area on the other side of the Pennines to me. I've been over to your area a few times in the past, and I used to go to a couple of works in the area of Bwcle (Buckley) when I worked, but they were all in the times before these lovely little flying machines we now have :)

It is indeed a nice area especially down by the River Mersey, I have flown my Mini from Runcorn across to widnes a few weeks ago, very daring of me.

Welcome to the forum Cath, from Chicago the Windy City.
Looking to buy a MM myself, have been researching info for about 8 months now. Been trying to learn about indentifying any issues with the MM. One of them is wind speeds. That most flight control problems are caused by wind speeds in excess of the design limits of the aircraft. Another is power interruption due to battery disconnect. Another one is Lost'/damaged props or motor problems, leading to loss of propulsion.Oh yes, primary role of MM is to fly as a selfie camera, never designed for long distance. I own two, MP's but still looking at buying a MM some day. I like it because of how small it is. Fly safe, please read your manual, especially about the RTH feature.
I Am so pleased with my M Mini and it’s spot on for a new pilot such as myself.
I have had an instance where I completely lost my signal! Not nice but ... I set the RTH height and back it came! I am reading the forums here and watching YouTube, so it’s easy does it for me (at the moment)

It is indeed a nice area especially down by the River Mersey, I have flown my Mini from Runcorn across to widnes a few weeks ago, very daring of me.
Yes, very daring - but taking it in little steps is the best way :)

I'm wanting to try a flight in a week or two over the River Trent - must go over there for a recce soon as I want to do it whilst the Aegir is flowing upstream.

Yes, very daring - but taking it in little steps is the best way :)

I'm wanting to try a flight in a week or two over the River Trent - must go over there for a recce soon as I want to do it whilst the Aegir is flowing upstream.
Well if you do I’ll look forward to seeing the footage ?

Hiya guys / gals my name is Cath, I bought my Mavic Mini in July, I watched several videos on tube, and only learnt the other day the power difference between Europe and the FCC!
Still .... this was money well worth spent, I love it ;-)
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: s1ng0 and Thomas B
Welcome neighbour I’m over in Liverpool. Enjoy the forum, there’s some great advice and tips on here and enjoy your mini, I have an air 2 which is the absolute mutts. Safe flying

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23