DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie gps question

mcgyversm3

Reactions
Started my drone today and at first i only connected to 5 satellites leaving me in vision mode. Turned off the drone and back on same thing. then eventually it went up to 11 satellites.
Is there anything i can do in the future to get better connection?

Btw I’ve flown in the same area before with no connection issues

Fold two front feet of drone down. The antenna of the remote control has to come out @ 45 degrees parallel. Never fly off without at least 11 satellites available. Set home point and double check home point before flying off.

Reactions: Kevjones777
Fold two front feet of drone down. The antenna of the remote control has to come out @ 45 degrees parallel. Never fly off without at least 11 satellites available. Set home point and double check home point before flying off.

I feel like most (all?) of the recent fly-always could have been prevented by following these pre-flight checks.

Reactions: Kevjones777

Thanks yea i didn’t want to fly off unless i had god confirmation on the app.

Feet were down and antennas at 45 degrees

Just want to make sure I’m doing all i can very little flight time under my belt and don’t want to experience a crash just yet (if ever)

Reactions: daisy-girl
very little flight time under my belt and don’t want to experience a crash just yet (if ever)

To gain confidence that you can control the Mavic using only the joy sticks -- flying in ATTI mode -- purchase a Tello for $99 and learn to fly it using the virtual joysticks on your phone or tablet.

If you can master those, you will feel super confident that you can control the Mavic Air provided you always fly it with visual line of sight.

Exactly what I’m trying to avoid

I am in the same boat. I just got mine on Friday and have not flown it yet. I have all of the batteries charged, firmware updated, and now I am on here trying to learn from the mistakes of others LOL. I plan to fly it tomorrow for the first time... on April Fools Day.

Started my drone today and at first i only connected to 5 satellites leaving me in vision mode. Turned off the drone and back on same thing. then eventually it went up to 11 satellites.
Is there anything i can do in the future to get better connection?

Btw I’ve flown in the same area before with no connection issues
Whilst the advice given is all essential, you were referring to the number of satellites your drone could see, which I don’t think has anything to do with the quality of the connection between the aircraft and the controller (someone please correct me if I’m wrong).

I find that the number of satellites at switch on varies dramatically, possibly impacted by your surroundings & weather. You just need to be patient & wait for a decent number to be found.

Whilst the advice given is all essential, you were referring to the number of satellites your drone could see, which I don’t think has anything to do with the quality of the connection between the aircraft and the controller (someone please correct me if I’m wrong).

I find that the number of satellites at switch on varies dramatically, possibly impacted by your surroundings & weather. You just need to be patient & wait for a decent number to be found.

Ok will do if i run into this issue again

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msporting