DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie in Massachusetts

frobie

Reactions
Hi All!
I just joined today, I got my Mavic about 11 days ago and I'm loving it. It's been a bit of a struggle to find places to fly since I live in the 5 mile radius of KBOS and I work in Lowell which apparently is a National Park. If anyone is interested in meeting up let me know, I'm down to meet some new people, get some tips, and have a few beers.

Rob

Reactions: dirkclod
I am interested in meeting. Always good to see another MavicPro owner and enthusiast.

When would you like to meet?

Hi All!
I just joined today, I got my Mavic about 11 days ago and I'm loving it. It's been a bit of a struggle to find places to fly since I live in the 5 mile radius of KBOS and I work in Lowell which apparently is a National Park. If anyone is interested in meeting up let me know, I'm down to meet some new people, get some tips, and have a few beers.

Rob
Howdy from Wyoming frobie, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent people here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .

Lowell, as a "National Park" should not be an issue. You do have heliports at one of the hospitals IIRC ( Lowell General) and at the old Wang building, and up in scenic Pelham someone has a private heliport 36NH on Long Pond.

Those are the restrictions shown on B4UFly.

The reality of flying around here is you are always within 5 miles of an airport ( I have 2 private heliports and a grass strip close by, plus 2 others within the 5 mile radius of my house.

My solution after I got my Mavic last Thursday was to go over to Eagle East at KLWM , drop 150 bucks, and get my Part 107 certs. Now I just have to drop a dime ahead of time.

B4UFLY is not showing any National Parks near me, and if Lowell General is a "airport" within 5 miles of my home, then and "national park" should be showing.

I can't say I have ever sen Lowell marked on a sectional chart as a National Park. I think the NPS has some involvement, but it isn't like Yosemite or the Cape Cod National Seashore

Good Morning to all. Just joined the Forum. I live in Boston, just across the harbor from Logan. Looking forward to flying my Mavic and meeting fellow drone operators.

Welcome to the forum, @Bleu2U! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki