DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie looking for wise advise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
@bigcows ,no you dont need a licence just the FAA registration,a couple of points i would advise some sort of third party cover, just in case your drone falls from the sky and injures or causes damage ,to persons or property,and get some apps installed on your device to check on the airspace you intend to fly in
and finally when you do decide to register your drone make sure you use the real FAA website as there are sites that charge you more than the $5 fee ,and you think they are the genuine site
What app would you recommend for checking the air space?

What app would you recommend for checking the air space?
not really up on all the US apps, but i believe there is Kitty hawk ,Air map,and several others ,i am sure that someone from your neck of the woods, will be along to advise you better

Hi All, I bought a Leisure Travel Van RV and there are great opportunities to share incredible aerial photography. Looking for advise on drones... I am wondering how much i need to invest in learning to use a Mavic Pro 2, and how involved and what is the license I need. Any help would be appreciated.
My first serious drone was a Mavic two pro and I don’t regret that I wanted to go right to the best but take it slow I was so eager to advance that I did end up crashing it twice in the first four months so I take it slow and don’t even do the Automatic flight modes, learn to fly and of course learn the camera

Guys, Will I be OK for a Mavic 2 pro as my first drone? Look, I like high quality, and I don't mind doing video processing afterwards. I hate learning details and need something user friendly. I don't mind paying for quality. Is this the right drone?
Hi bigcows,
why you don´t buy a DJI Mini 2? It´s an amazing drone, no registration because it´s under 250grams. The video quality is top notch and you can even shoot photos in RAW if necessary! I have the mini 2 since a couple of weeks and I am very satisfied! I even call it a "wolf in sheep´s clothing" and it´s way lex expensive than a Mavic pro! Moreover it´s tiny and another big andvantage: once it is at about a hight of 150ft you don´t hear it anymore and you cann even shoot in places where with a louder drone it´s a problem!
No, I get any percentages from DJI ??
cheers Paul

Hi All, I bought a Leisure Travel Van RV and there are great opportunities to share incredible aerial photography. Looking for advise on drones... I am wondering how much i need to invest in learning to use a Mavic Pro 2, and how involved and what is the license I need. Any help would be appreciated.
Regarding license, depends on which country you live, and local laws. Learning to use (in my own opinion and experience) is a matter of reading and understanding instructions, have a large field or similar empty parcel of land to fly in, and most of all - there are very many Youtube videos on all assets of the subject. Personally, I learned more from them than from any other source. You have to practice being fluent on the Remote Controller so that you don't have to stop and think what to do in a hurry. If you served in the military, recall your weapons lessons and practice - its very similar.

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

As a fellow newbie with now with 9 months of almost every day flights. Get registered as soon as you receive you drone with the fAA. I started with the mavic air 2 and got a phantom 4 pro from a neighbor too. Start with flying and stick time. Learn to trust yourself. U-tube was and is a great guide. So was joining this group. Good luck! Start small, ask questions, and learn. Merry Christmas.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

WELCOME to the forum :)

I think you mean a Mavic 2 Pro (the name is specific). IMHO it is the best pro-sumer drone because of the compact size yet it has the Hasselblad 1" sensor camera and it is soooo good. It is very easy to fly and has sensors all around so it is actually hard to crash. Run it in tripod or beginner mode first so it's slow and steady but within a day you'll be ready to advance. I'd get the Flymore deal because you will need at least 3 batteries, memory card, extra propellers, etc.. You will never regret getting the Mavic 2 Pro because it gives you incredible videos. It is also very programmable with Orbit, Follow, Waypoints, etc. which you will find very useful. I use the Litchi App because you can program it at your desk without the drone being on then just load the program when your at the mission site. I also use an Ipad Mini 5 with cellular service for the bigger display and GPS map capability. If you go commercial you will need an FAA Part 107 license. You'll need to study a lot before the test as it is pretty tough. You should also learn how to unlock your drone if you try to fly in a restricted areas like around airports. You will actually not be able to launch if you are locked out. Need any other information [email protected] glad to help.

I think you mean a Mavic 2 Pro (the name is specific). IMHO it is the best pro-sumer drone because of the compact size yet it has the Hasselblad 1" sensor camera and it is soooo good. It is very easy to fly and has sensors all around so it is actually hard to crash. Run it in tripod or beginner mode first so it's slow and steady but within a day you'll be ready to advance. I'd get the Flymore deal because you will need at least 3 batteries, memory card, extra propellers, etc.. You will never regret getting the Mavic 2 Pro because it gives you incredible videos. It is also very programmable with Orbit, Follow, Waypoints, etc. which you will find very useful. I use the Litchi App because you can program it at your desk without the drone being on then just load the program when your at the mission site. I also use an Ipad Mini 5 with cellular service for the bigger display and GPS map capability. If you go commercial you will need an FAA Part 107 license. You'll need to study a lot before the test as it is pretty tough. You should also learn how to unlock your drone if you try to fly in a restricted areas like around airports. You will actually not be able to launch if you are locked out. Need any other information [email protected] glad to help.
Thanks for your tips. I am a consumer not pro guy. Just sharing scenery in our RV. That Lichti App is $25. Pretty pricey. Is it worth it?

Thanks for your tips. I am a consumer not pro guy. Just sharing scenery in our RV. That Lichti App is $25. Pretty pricey. Is it worth it?
I think it is. With the DJI app you have to have the controller and drone running while you make programs so you are running down the battery as you program. With the Litchi you can build programs at your convenience apart from the controller and drone then just load them when you're ready to fly the mission. Also some of the things you will use a lot like the Orbit option is much easier to use in the Litchi. I also like the Waypoints in the Litchi over the DJI. It's good to know both but I tend to use the Litchi almost exclusively. You can't view videos you just made in the Litchi but you can open the DJI App and view them in there. This is the only advantage I see in the DJI App. So you do not need any license for hobby type flying but you will need to register it with the FAA. You only need the FAA Part 107 license if you get paid in any way. Have fun!

it really depends on what you want to achieve with your drone ,the M2pro is a very capable and brilliant drone ,both for videos and pics ,it is an expensive ,drone and is the top of the range Mavic in terms of what it can achieve
the batteries are quite expensive to replace and it has a lot of features
personally if i was just starting out in the hobby of drone flying then i would buy a Mini 2 ,now it has Occusync and a good flight time you could almost get three batteries for the price of one M2Pro battery it is very light and easy to transport ,of course this is just my opinion,at the end of the day only you know what your expectations are ,hope you find the drone of your dreams ,happy flying OMM
Thank you. I put a bid on a new one on ebay and got it. So I will have the Mavic 2 pro...

Guys, I took out the Mavic 2 with smartcontroller for the maiden voyage. It took off ok using the program take of button. I was set to beginner mode. And low and behold neither joystick worked. Is there a trick to this? I buzzed through most of the settings, but perhaps something is switched that should not be. Any help would be appreciated. Also, it said my sim card in the bird was not fast enough for 4k. I am using scan Disk extreme plus 128g. I think it was rated for 3U or something which should have been fine.

Reactions: Steel63
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters