DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie looking to take the plunge. Have question

Yes, they are the seller. At least the return address on the packages listed them with a New Jersey address.
I have gotten an Inspire 1 and a Phantom 4 Pro obsidian from them. Both arrived in factory sealed cartons in perfect condition.
These were both recent purchases. A few years back, I bought some Inspire 1 batteries there which came the same way.

Yes, they are the seller. At least the return address on the packages listed them with a New Jersey address.
Good to know. I just wanted to point that out since due to this section of DJI's warranty:

Warranty.jpg

Good to know. I just wanted to point that out since due to this section of DJI's warranty:

View attachment 37230

I am new here so I’m not sure how this works, but I see under your name you’re an approved vendor.
A few of the links you posted took me to what seems like an off-site webpage and from there I navigated to amazon clicking on drones that interest me from you linked site. The sellers amazon coming from your link are from various locations and I suspect is not you?

I guess my question is do you sell these things and do you have a website where I can have a look?

Thank you.
Harry

AClineman here is a link to the vendor I use. He is close to me and I do all my business with him. They have a repair shop if repairs are ever needed. Just take a look and get some ideas if you want. Not trying sell anything for him, it's just another Drone shop for you to look and get ideas. One Stop Shop for all Aerial/UAV Products it is Carolina Dronz

A few of the links you posted took me to what seems like an off-site webpage and from there I navigated to amazon clicking on drones that interest me from you linked site. The sellers amazon coming from your link are from various locations and I suspect is not you?
That's my website, but those aren't Mavics I'm selling. I don't sell drones. You can use that page to find Mavics being sold by all authorized DJI dealers who sell on Amazon. It's also sortable to help you find the types of deals you're interested in buying.

Reactions: AClineman
This raises a huge question. Where do these unauthorized sellers get their inventory then?
If DJI is trying to control who sells their goods, where is the leak?
When I bought the Inspire from Buy dig, they had a listing on eBay and had sold 48 of them. I went directly to their website because, there you could use a $25 off coupon. Which makes sense since selling direct, they would not have ebay fees to pay. And, it was fresh merchandise. Build date 2 months ago.

I get it, that a guy that buys one of the first Mavic Airs, then re-sells it on ebay at an inflated price should be stopped. That is just opportunistic greed. But where does a company get a pallet of goods?

I am a new member and a new pilot the dealer i bought my mavic platinum from did not give me a whole lot of information about the drone and i thought i could teach myself long story short i crashed the drone and broke the outter casing near the rear arm and damaged the gimble the drone still flies however i get a warning message on my screen saying motor overload and remove gimble protection the motor still spins but the drone does not stay stable and the camera works i can see a picture but it flips up and down i have no control over it and i can not get it to recalibrate i live in central florida is there anyone around i can take this drone to? And how much approximately would it cost to fix the two problwms worse case?

But where does a company get a pallet of goods?
I'm assuming they are reselling drones they bought from authorized DJI dealers (since they seem to be the only people who can buy a mass amount of drones from DJI at a discount). While DJI probably doesn't care who their authorized DJI dealers sell to, they don't want to be responsible for drones sold by people outside of their authorized DJI dealers.

is there anyone around i can take this drone to?
You can find some repair shops here. If you need additional help, please create your own thread (so we can keep the existing threads on topic).

I am a new member and a new pilot the dealer i bought my mavic platinum from did not give me a whole lot of information about the drone and i thought i could teach myself long story short i crashed the drone and broke the outter casing near the rear arm and damaged the gimble the drone still flies however i get a warning message on my screen saying motor overload and remove gimble protection the motor still spins but the drone does not stay stable and the camera works i can see a picture but it flips up and down i have no control over it and i can not get it to recalibrate i live in central florida is there anyone around i can take this drone to? And how much approximately would it cost to fix the two problwms worse case?

So are you saying a reputable dealer would have given you instructions on how to fly it? I would imagine a majority of sales are done on line with no flying tips. Even if you walked into Best Buy or Costco and bought one I doubt highly you’d walk out with the information on how to properly fly it.

I would imagine a majority of sales are done on line with no flying tips.
Agreed. Most people are just in it for the sale. If you're in search of flying tips, read the Mavic manual in its entirety and check out the content on my site at MavicHelp.com.

Reactions: AClineman
Thanks for that info msinger !!!
I’ll be sure to read thru it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu