DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie looking to take the plunge. Have question

AClineman

Reactions
Hello all and thank you for letting me join your forum.

I’m a newbie to the drone scene and have been looking for a while and the Mavic Pro seems like a good fit for me. Then I saw the Platinum and it seems even better. I like the compactness of the Mavic since I might be taking this in a boat or skiing.

I figured I’d ask you all since you’re the Pro’s
This is an e bay bundle and seems like a good price for what it includes, but do I need landing pads, goggles,, etc and is the stuff included knock off hardware?
eBay
Should I aviod buying on e bay? I never had an issue before but this is a little bit of change and I’d rather pay a little more for quality suppplies VS junk
Thanks in advance for any assistance and guidance.

Last edited:
What is the price on that package? I couldn't find it, If I may ask?

I wondered what the price is, too.
I will give you my two-cent opinion:
1. I prefer to buy from a real DJI dealer. I'd be sure it is quality and I'd then have a relationship with that dealer if there is anything else I need from them regarding the sale or repair later.
2. Unless the bundle is a fantastic deal I prefer what I did. I bought each thing I needed, the EXACT accessory I wanted and chose myself, individually. It actually extended my savoring period in getting the drone and its accessories, but mostly, I got the best accessory for my precise needs after being able to review several options. No regrets on that at all. I like every item better than what I was offered in any bundle.
3. If you plan on using your drone with a boat, be absolutely sure you are a proficient pilot before you take it out on that boat. There are definitely more risks associated with flying over water with your return to home point changing by the second. Launching is no problem. Returning to land it a complex issue. Auto return is a complex issue. You must know all the technical aspects of how to return to the boat.
4. If you get a big break on a regular Mavic Pro vs Platinum then you can save money there. There is not that great of a difference. Skiing or boating the noise difference is negligible. Batteries and props are interchangeable.
5. Goggles are your option, whether you want to fly with FPV or not. They are not required but an added option if you like flying that way.

Reactions: Jordak
I don't see where it mentions batteries at all. ( I may have missed it) . Not a bad deal if it does have extra batteries, in my opinion. Just a lot of things I personally would never use though. Looked up the goggles and they are like $20 so I wouldn't think there is much to them. I do have the Dji Goggles but I need more practice with them. ( only had them a couple weeks) Everyone has their own use and what they need.

7B142909-DD1D-4BE2-8938-9E2CD7624933.png If you click on see details it opens a page and along the top description it says Platinum edition 3 battery total and under the photo it says authorized DJI Dealer and 1 battery.
I sent the seller a question asking how many

I don't see where it mentions batteries at all. ( I may have missed it) . Not a bad deal if it does have extra batteries, in my opinion. Just a lot of things I personally would never use though. Looked up the goggles and they are like $20 so I wouldn't think there is much to them. I do have the Dji Goggles but I need more practice with them. ( only had them a couple weeks) Everyone has their own use and what they need.
Even DJI is endorsing a new goggle by Moverio that is much smaller and allows you to see both the screen and what is in front of you. They resemble a large pair of glasses. I never liked the bags any of the bundles offered. I found a neat over one shoulder back pack that was perfect and it was less than $20. For my style of flying I never need a charging hub. I usually fly on one battery or two, then come in and use the charger that came with it. With three batteries I've never needed more capacity in one fly session. With the charger on the counter in sight I know when to put the other battery on just by watching the lights. This is what I mean by each individual deciding what they need instead of what a bundle assumes.

I think the basic package (drone 1 battery) is around $1,099 extra batteries are $85 each ?

Thanks folks !

Anyone use the car charger and hard carrying case?

I do have a hard case for all of my birds. Have never used the a car charger but that just me.

I am sure there will be other opinions posted for you to read as well. It's up to you what you want. Hope we could help. Good luck !

Reactions: AClineman
knock off hardware?
Should I aviod buying on e bay?

eBay is safe, they have strong buyer protection.

But, this may be a better deal: DJI Mavic Pro 4K Camera Quadcopter Drone Fly More Combo Pack | BuyDig
I have dealt with this outfit several times and they are legit. You can also get a $25 off coupon on their home page.
I bought a new Inspire 1 2 weeks ago from them and it came as expected in a factory sealed box. What I did not expect was the build date on it was 2/2018!

@AClineman, eBay is an okay place to buy if the seller is an authorized DJI dealer. You can also find a lot of good deals here on Amazon.

As for bundles, you might save money if you price out what you need individually.

Incidentally, I am not connected with this company, but I can vouch for their trustworthiness from past experiences.
I have never heard of the other outfit and see they are adding a lot of low quality items to their 'bundle' to make it look more appealing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djionas