have learned a ton.

So here is where I need help. What are the must have accessories
and ????
A multi charger?
Range extender?
Car charger
??????

Thanks in advance!

Hey there and welcome to the Mavic family!

Here are some of my personal favorite accessories:

- One of the first things I bought was a landing gear extender. There are several out there -- and they're cheap, under $10-$15. Really helps when landing on longer grass or gravel (helps keep the camera and gimbal away from the dust spray)

- Backback! Ebay has one for under $20. Super light but strong. Room for 3 extra batteries, charger, do-dads, etc. There are many others that are nicer but more expensive.

- Found some cheap gimbal guards and covers on ebay to have spares. Same with the iPhone cable.

- If you fly at night (and you'll want to fly at night!) some STROBON lights. They are around $20 each.

- Bug spray and sun screen if needed. LOL.

As the title says I am a newbie drone pilot. My Mavic should be here on
Tuesday. So I have been watching all of the youtube and DJI videos and
have learned a ton.

So here is where I need help. What are the must have accessories
and ????
A multi charger?
Range extender?
Car charger
??????

Thanks in advance!

What I have:

Protection for RC screen
Sun hood (very important)
Land gear extension
Skin
Mount

Good fly with your new Mavic ! Start slowly, don't stress and don't think that are already an expert [emoji6] go step by step and most important : have fun dude !

There are lots of utterly utterly pointless accessories out for the mavic that (i) most people dont need and (ii) dont work anyway.

The fly more is worth it just to get extra batteries, a multi charger, car charger and some spare props.

Landing gear extenders a lot are terribly made and cause issues with the sensors or effect flight stability. Floats are 100x worse. They're really not needed.

Range extenders, most are snake oil and dont work (or even make it worse). The range on a stock mavic is more than enough for the battery capacity anyway.

Accessories generally add weight, bulk, reduce battery life, make handling worse and don't solve a problem.

Id get batteries, or fly more and go from there once you actually know the craft. Id say ND filters are fairly essential for video at least and should be the first thing you get.

These landing gear extensions work great and are a perfect match to the Mavic in both fit and finish:

Amazon.com: FSLabs DJI Mavic Pro Landing Gear Leg Height Extender Kit Riser Set Stabilizers Integrated Pad (Grey): Camera & Photo

A good hard case will help protect you Mavic and accessories way better than the soft bag that comes in the combo that requires the Mavic be squeezed in alongside all the accessories, here's the one I bought:

Amazon.com: DRONESAFE Rugged Mini Drone Carry Case Organizer With Customizable Foam – Protect DJI Mavic Pro Foldable Drone Combo and Accessories Such as Remote Control , Extra Batteries , Propellers and More: Toys & Games

These landing pads are very useful for launching from long grass, dirt or other surfaces that aren't suitable for the Mavic and are a good recognition point for precision RTH, however you can find them cheaper on eBay:

Amazon.com: XBERSTAR Double Side Day&Night Foldable Apron Landing Pad for DJI Mavic Pro Inspire 1 Phantom4 3 Quadcopter RC Drone Portable Fast-fold launch helipad: Camera & Photo

If you plan to shoot video you'll need ND filters, these are a nice lightweight set:

Amazon.com : Neewer 4 Pieces Filter Kit for DJI Mavic Pro Drone Quadcopter Includes: ND4, ND8, ND16 and ND32 Filter, Made of Multi Coated Waterproof Aluminum Alloy Frame Optical Glass (MC-16) : Camera & Photo

Fast, simultaneous charger:

Amazon.com: FSLabs DJI Mavic Pro 5 In 1 Rapid Battery Charger Smart Multi Battery Intelligent Charging Hub With Ground Connection: Toys & Games

I also picked up a Asus Zenpad 10" tablet and Skytreat tablet holder, I refuse to use Apple devices and my Samsung S6 Active was getting random DJI Go 4 app crashes.

Enjoy the Mavic and decide for yourself what accessories you'll need for your type of flying!

-Joe

Last edited:
There was another thread on here where people were using small gps trackers like the Tile to locate their drone if they lose it. Highly recommend. Planning on picking one up myself soon because I never even considered it.

Get a nice case or backpack, some filters (if your nerdy about your footage), and extra batteries. Those items are kinda no brainers. Everything else is highly dependent on what you need for your situation. The only way you know what you really need is to fly and see what works for you. I see alot of things that newbies suggest needing to other newbies that people with a little practice and skill find impractical and ultimately things that go unused after the novelty wears off.

Another vote here for landing gear extenders. I completely disagree with the person who claims that they interfere with sensors, etc. Maybe really large ones with metal parts, but small extenders that add 1.5 inches or so are ideal. And critical, honestly.

Plenty of examples of badly made plastic ones causing erratic flight as they're "seen" by sensors. I cant see how they're critical at all. I havent yet come across anywhere where ive thought it needed longer legs.

I havent yet come across anywhere where ive thought it needed longer legs.
I sometimes find them useful when taking off from grass. The props sometimes don't clear the grass.

Plenty of examples of badly made plastic ones causing erratic flight as they're "seen" by sensors. I cant see how they're critical at all. I havent yet come across anywhere where ive thought it needed longer legs.

Just be sure to get ones that are simply longer feet for the existing legs. Here is what I use:
SKYREAT DJI Mavic Pro Landing Gear Stabilizers - Gray https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N99MMT8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_xlYKzb32MZMA4

I suppose you can use a towel or landing pad but just being able to land in even slightly rocky terrain without risking damage to the camera/gimbal makes it well worth it to me. Given that I fly entirely in natural surroundings I rarely land on a perfectly flat surface. The additional weight is very minimal and has zero effect on the Mavic.

This works well ... protects the gimbal and is easy to install and remove
e3c5865e726e09b5ae3a4726d28b5b82.jpg

Gimbal Cover, Mapletop New Gimbal Camera Cover Gray Hood Cap Protector For DJI Mavic Pro Drone
by Mapletop
5.0 out of 5 stars 1 customer review
Price: CDN$ 5.28
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Mapletop.
1. Material:Plastic
2. Compatible with DJI Mavic Pro
3.Protects gimbal and camera from collision
4. Anti dust and water during transportation and in flight
5. Ultra light weight ,Easy to install and remove, Use this to help the camera to improve photo/video quality when flight.
Report incorrect product information.
Unlimited FREE Two-Day Shipping for Six Months When You Try Amazon Student

These are my accesories:
Carring Case
ND16 filter
Gimbal protector
Legs extenders
Landing pad

All bought from amazon

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads