DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie problem with the controller connection

Reactions
Hi all , had a Mavic for a few weeks ,so fairly new to all this , been flying around a large field in town and everything is great ,getting used to the controls and having a great time , however ....decided to take the Mavic out to a nearby wooded area with some large open areas between the woods, the controller wouldn't connect and i couldn't get the Mavic to fly ,checked online and thought it was maybe the cable connection ,got home reconnected everything ,it connected fine.
Next morning back to the same area ,same issue ,wouldn't connect the controller.Decided to head back to original field in town,it worked perfectly ,so it seems to be a signal problem.? i have seen the Mavic can fly without a phone signal to my cell phone , is this the issue? As i said i have just had it a few weeks and its probably me just not turning on some setting or other but any help would be greatly appreciated.

As i said i have just had it a few weeks and its probably me just not turning on some setting or other but any help would be greatly appreciated.
It might help if you specify which Mavic you have for a better answer.

Reactions: Thomas B
@Keith.j.wilson hi Keith please can you tell us which mavic drone you have so we can help you with your question,

May be no fly zone ??
Spot on, when I read your post I was like, oh that could be the problem, checked again this morning when I was in the forest and yep, I was just within a nfz. Strangely only today, did I get a message saying I might have disruption to the drone, the second I got the message the connection went down. Thanks for your reply and great insight. Now to find another area I can go fly ??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191228-084224.png
    Screenshot_20191228-084224.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member