DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie question

Elgreco3

Reactions
Hi guys. Sorry for asking but after getting a mini a few weeks back, I am thinking of getting a zoom as they have better functionality.
After being in the forum the last few days I've been finding out things about what these things can really do.
I've run across some posts of the moverio glasses only supporting older remotes or something?
I just can't trace back to what I had read and I am not sure.

So just to clarify, if I order a zoom right now with the smart controller, could I use moverio glasses with it instead of the dji goggles, and if yes which model?

Thanks.

And that little "movie" requires that you have the early release RC1-A remote, the later release RC1B does not work at all with the Moverios 300's.

Wow, just checked the BT-35E out and they are so expensive !

I wonder now how nice are they and do people enjoy them ? Worth the money that is or simply get goggles ?

I like the idea though not to be confined with goggles and be able to look around in case of anything happening.

Elgreco3 I fly a Mavic 2 Pro with a pair of BT35e's. I also have a pair of Rochester Optical flip up shades as a replacement for the stock shades which are barely OK. The experience is awesome, it's reinvented my use of the Mavic and flying in general. Expensive, hell yes....but I comfort myself on 2 things. The first thing is the Moverio BT35e's are a reflected image of what's on the SC so as the SC has compatibility across the P4PV2 and potentially this Air 2 so do my Moverios. The second thing is one day when you are on your death bed I doubt you will be questioning how much you spent on your Moverios (lol). Now as for what people don't tell you about the Moverios. Firstly, the BT35e's are big (not bigger then DJI box googles) but big for spectacle style glasses because they don't fold-up. The BT350's do fold up so are more portable. I have worn both and for me the BT35e are more comfortable - so there's your trade-off. Secondly, the ability to see through the Moverios is accurate but as soon as the drone is in the air a few hundred metres away the truth is you can't see it - maybe barely. It's such an impaired view I largely discount it. The fact is though I'm comfortable with that because it's on take-off and landing I really want a good VLOS. Would I buy them again given the cost and all........HELL YES!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rattydude77
Wow, just checked the BT-35E out and they are so expensive !

I wonder now how nice are they and do people enjoy them ? Worth the money that is or simply get goggles ?

I like the idea though not to be confined with goggles and be able to look around in case of anything happening.
I love my bt35e my opinion worth every penny for my mavic zoom my wife thought I was crazy spending that much but she used them on her mavic pro2 and 3 batterys later I finally got them back.Iv fpv with fat sharks dji white goggles and they dont even come close plus the visual around me is worth it to me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom