DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie to Drones need help please!!! [ Video playback ]

Thanks I appreciate your help and I guess I will load the assistant 2 app on my ipad then. Cant wait until the weather gets better for my first flight. Still learning until then.

Thanks I appreciate your help and I guess I will load the assistant 2 app on my ipad then. Cant wait until the weather gets better for my first flight. Still learning until then.
Nope - leave it off your iPad - just get the 'DJI Go 4' app' on your iPad - if that's what you are using as the display connected to your controller.

Great that's what I will do than thanks so much. I learn so much by being on this forum. Thanks
While you wait for the weather, cruise YouTube for all the beginners guides you can get to tell you not only how to train to fly your drone, but also to set it up before you even get out of the house ... Have fun & fly safe [it's not a toy!]

4K definitely eats up a ton of CPU power. I have the same problem. The few times that I've tried using 4K, I run the export overnight while I'm sleeping, because it takes a long time. For editing...iMovie is actually pretty good (and simple). The DJI Go app has a very easy to use editor with free music and transitions. A more advanced free app that most folks use specifically for color correction is DaVinci Resolve. It will also handle more advanced editing jobs as well. You can download it directly from the manufacturer for free at:
DaVinci Resolve 15 | Blackmagic Design

If you are running an older iOS, you may need an older version. I'm forced to use Resolve 12, because I'm running Yosemite (Don't Ask...). With a little Googling, you can find older versions available directly from BlackMagic as well. Be careful about downloading from a third party site.

One more suggestion, while 1080 IS fine for YouTube/Vimeo, you could split the difference and shoot in 2K. I believe 2K is what digital cinemas are projecting these days... Best of luck with your new drone.

Thought I might add a little detail for clarification. 4K video is 3480 by 2160 pixels, or for you old schoolers, 2160 lines. HD is typically 1920 by 1080 (there are actually 18 different resolutions in the spec) and is commonly called 1080p (or 1080i, used in some broadcasts).

There is a digital projection standard that is 2048 by 1080 which is probably what BlueRidge is referring but it is almost identical to regular HD.

Hope this helps.

Ken

Morning,

Santa brought me the Mavic pro 2 for Christmas and im too excited!! my first drone. Ive been researching it/ watching hours of videos on youtube on tutorials. Here's my problem. took it up and recorded some video. my sd card is a sands extreme plus 128 gm V30 U3 A2 card. when I play it back on my mini pad/iphone when connected to controller video looks amazing.. smooth as silk.
when i attach the wire from MP2 to my iMac and play video [ using Quicktime ] it plays back choppy.... then i downloaded it to my iMac... plays the same... :mad:. is it my iMac that can't handle the 4k video? or do i need to down grade video and record in a lower resolution ... my specs on my computer : processor 2.7 GHz intel Core i5 , memory 12 GB , graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

any help is highly appreciated

Bueller

Like to narrate my similar case and how I overcome it.

I was running a PC i7 4790CPU @ 3.6GHz Ram 16GB on a GTX8600 2gb on a 2k monitor

My videos on mov format also acted just like yours.... jittery and pausing at intervals. Then I zeroed down to my graphic card. (as I also run another PC i7 8700 16gb on a GTX1080 8gb on a 4K monitor which had no problem)

So I upgraded my card recently on this pc to GTX1060 6GB and the videos ran smoothly on all video platforms if you are on 4k videos

So I guess the culprit lies in the graphic card.

Peter HO

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure