DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie with a Mavic Air!

DJ Flyer

Reactions
I wanted to introduce myself as a new drone pilot. I started off with a Holy Stone HS700 a sub $200 drone to see if I like it. Once I got good at flying I starting taking video of my new housing development being built. Then I found limitations to my drone. I looked into a DJI drone and found the Mavic Air would be perfect for what I want to do without the cost of the Mavic 2 in which I will fly for work once I pass my 107. Before I got my first drone I already registered with the FAA and got my license to fly as a hobbyist. I figured that if I'm going to do this I should learn the rules and do it right. Now I'm studying for the 107.

I really enjoy flying and getting video/pictures that I normally wouldn't be able to get. I'm really waiting until I get my 107, so I can fly our Mavic2 to inspect our equipment at work and to be able to make some money with my personal one for realitors or what ever comes along. I've been reading ot of threads for the past two weeks on the 107 and anything refers to the Mavic Air. I do fly line of site for the most part and use my tablet as a camera reference to make sure I'm getting the shot I wanted.

I really enjoy flying my drone and look forward to being apart of this community.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Onward and Upwards - Waiting fro some of ya videos to view.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum and I am sure you will love flying your Mavic Air so much you might not want to step up to the Mavic 2. Fly safe

One day I'll step up to a Mavic2, but the Mavic2 was twice the price of my Mavic Air I purchased. Which has a few features that are upgrades to my Air, but for $650 more it wasn't worth it.

I'm sure people will wonder about my price numbers, but I was able to find a NEW unopened box mavic air with a second new battery and hard case for $620. Oh and it had the receipt with it and the owner had it for a couple months and didn't fly it. My gain his loss I guess. I would've like to get the Mavic2, but I'll keep that option open when I'm ready to upgrade.

Reactions: old man mavic
I wanted to introduce myself as a new drone pilot. I started off with a Holy Stone HS700 a sub $200 drone to see if I like it. Once I got good at flying I starting taking video of my new housing development being built. Then I found limitations to my drone. I looked into a DJI drone and found the Mavic Air would be perfect for what I want to do without the cost of the Mavic 2 in which I will fly for work once I pass my 107. Before I got my first drone I already registered with the FAA and got my license to fly as a hobbyist. I figured that if I'm going to do this I should learn the rules and do it right. Now I'm studying for the 107.

I really enjoy flying and getting video/pictures that I normally wouldn't be able to get. I'm really waiting until I get my 107, so I can fly our Mavic2 to inspect our equipment at work and to be able to make some money with my personal one for realitors or what ever comes along. I've been reading ot of threads for the past two weeks on the 107 and anything refers to the Mavic Air. I do fly line of site for the most part and use my tablet as a camera reference to make sure I'm getting the shot I wanted.

I really enjoy flying my drone and look forward to being apart of this community.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Air and best of luck on your certification. Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: DJ Flyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka