DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newest DJI GO 4 app update

NaiveFlight

Reactions
Screenshot_20170605-093650.png I got android but I'm sure ios got it too.

Check the photo... The fear is (added a feature that allows no fly zones to update in real time) possible without Internet connection too?
This is not good for those within 5mile ranges?

5 mile warnings are FYI only. They are not NOFLY zones.

There is currently no change at all to restrictions as the many many existing threads about this update already mention.

Reactions: NaiveFlight
I'm using it without a problem. As I understand it, flying within a 5 mi range requires notice to the airport but not their consent. Don't know what your problem would be with that. Would you want to take the risk that your Mavic knocked a real plane out of the sky?

I'm using it without a problem. As I understand it, flying within a 5 mi range requires notice to the airport but not their consent. Don't know what your problem would be with that. Would you want to take the risk that your Mavic knocked a real plane out of the sky?
No one wants to do that, but we do want to fly, when and where we are authorized and safe without being prevented. And many have heard the stories of those being erroneously prevented from doing so.
As for the software, I think it's the new Mavic firmware that's the potential issue and not Go4.

my question is do you need to login everytime you fly or do you need an internet connection everytime you fly now with the new update?

Nope. Just once. After that, its always ready to go. No sign-in. No internet.

my question is do you need to login everytime you fly or do you need an internet connection everytime you fly now with the new update?
You guys should check DJI website, scroll down to the bottom of the main page, click GEO System under the title of Education, then use Advance Unlocking feature. You can do Advance Unlocking at home, but for the first day in the field, you do need internet connection to validate the Advance Unlocking.

Reactions: Amarr7110
Hello,
Does anyone know if it is normal that the Intellegent Flight Modes are not working anymore in the Simulator mode? In the previous version this was really a nice feature as it was possible to practice with these while the Mavic was not flying. The beginners-mode is switched of, so the IFM-icon should show up but it doesn't.
Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rle